Leidos has an opening for a Computer Network Architect to support the Digital Innovation for GSA Infrastructure Technologies (DIGIT) program. The Computer Network Architect will design, implement, monitor, and manage change management, software upgrades, problem/incident resolution, and root cause analysis of network circuits and devices. The Network Architect will perform Tier 3 Network Engineering and Administration of applicable networks to include Wide Area Network (WAN), Local Area Network (LAN), Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), Data Centers, Virtual Private Network (VPN), terminal services (including out of band management), Load Balancing Services, and other network services (such as guest LAN/WLAN) assigned by GSA.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
The Network Architect shall perform the following (to include but not limited to) activities:
- Support and operate Software-Defined Wide Area Networks (SD-WAN) sites
- Support and operate the network operations Netscaler based load balancing systems
- Support and maintain network equipment and configuration (routers and routing)
- Manage the LAN/WAN routing protocol between the routers and perform port management, network capacity management (including planning and trending)
- Migrate the GSA Enterprise LAN, including the Regional Office Buildings, Datacenter, and Field Offices, to a Software Defined Network (SDN) architecture with end-to-end segmentation to support a Zero Trust Network environment
- Utilize network orchestration tools and techniques to facilitate automated and consistent configurations, management, testing, deployment, and operations of physical and virtual devices within the network
- Manage status, errors, and inbound and outbound traffic statistics of all routing interfaces, bandwidth utilization, and errors of all inbound and outbound LAN/WAN circuits
- Monitor Internet access and identify/resolve interruptions to the Internet service
- Perform VPN administration, including remote access and site to site, including monthly audits, anti-virus updates, firewall management, host-based intrusion detection, and intrusion prevention system management.
- Escalate issues to vendor and third-party entities, as necessary and directed by the Government.
- Produce knowledge base articles and SOPs
Contract required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years' experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- ITILv4 Foundation training
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
Contract desired qualifications include:
- Direct experience in configuring the following protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, and Static routes.
- Direct experience with SD-WAN architectures to include Cisco (Viptella), VMware (VeloCloud), and Citrix
- Direct experience with Firepower Management Center (FMC) to manage NextGen Cisco ASA Firewalls running Firepower services for layer 7 inspection.
- Direct experience in the design of network architecture for Software Design Access / Software Defined Networks, utilizing Cisco DNA Center.
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) certifications
- Experience supporting industry standard software products
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts, including holidays as scheduled
- Possess the ability to communicate in both oral and written forms, demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff as well as clients.
- Demonstrated ability to apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Familiarity with the following technologies: Active Directory, Windows, ServiceNow, Network Monitoring Systems (Solarwinds), Cisco Prime, LAN/WAN control protocols
- ITILv4 Foundation certification
- Security+ certification
- Travel, less than 10%
- This position requires a Public Trust Clearance
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
- Sitting for long periods
- Viewing computer screens for long periods of time
Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status is required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Pay Range:Pay Range $45,500.00 - $70,000.00 - $94,500.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.