Leidos is looking for a Frontend Software Tester to join our team in Gaithersburg, MD. The tester will write and execute detailed test plans for innovative, high-performing cloud-based systems and applications, including mobile and desktop access, and multiple data tiers. The tester will document system test results and create bugs in Jira as well as provide analysis of the bugs and results. The individual will prepare comprehensive evaluation reports that verify and validate functional and non-functional system requirements as well as track multiple test executions simultaneously and follow up on results. Additionally, the tester will update and maintain test cases as applications/business rules change and identify areas of improvement.
The tester will ensure the program performance meets service level agreements, with proper change management and configuration management. The team engages in an Agile release environment with competing priorities and tight deadlines from project managers and clients. Awareness with automating test scripts, including use of test automation frameworks such as Selenium, and collaborating with development engineers to devise automation strategies, test strategies and test cases.
The individual will assist the Project Manager in identification of risks, risk management and risk mitigation strategies to ensure a successfully tested application. Communicate with internal team members in a timely manner regarding test status and results. Willingness to learn new technologies, research solutions to new and complex challenges, share lessons learned, and collaborate with the team on projects.
Required Education & Experience:
- Associates’ degree in a related field with 2+ years of prior relevant experience or a Bachelors’ degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- At minimum two years writing/executing front-end web application test plans/test cases, UAT, system testing, regression testing, and stress testing
- Experience with testing approaches/concepts, quality management, testing tools, software configuration management, issues management, and requirements analysis/documentation
- Ability to test web applications after security patches including overnight verifications once a month
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
Desired but not required:
- Experience testing Rest APIs using Postman or other similar tools
- Data testing, business intelligence, writing/troubleshooting SQL queries and validating large quantities of data
- Experience writing and maintaining automation testing scripts using Selenium, Katalon Studio or other similar tools
- Verifying data inserts/edits/deletes in NoSQL systems such as DynamoDB and Cosmos DB
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.