The Government Health and Safety Solution Operation is seeking a Jr DevOps Engineer, contingent upon contract award, with a background in configuring fully automated CI/CD pipeline/workflows and in supporting J2EE stack based applications to support our federal client within a fast paced DevOps environment in Rockville, MD.
• Install and manage various components of DevSecOps pipeline at the Enterprise level to support highly complex large-scale application landscape and data center environment (both on-premises and in GovCloud)
• Use applications architecture experience to review and understand the design/architecture of several hundred applications; work with the technical lead and other stakeholders to recommend enterprise level application-development modernization standards
• Research/recommend the best practices on GitLab branching, Jenkins CI/CD plug-ins/ workflows, code review/scans best practices/tools, automated testing practices, etc.
• • Work with the DevSecOps engineering team to recommend, prototype, install and configure DevSecOps eco-system including tools like Jenkins, Fortify, GitLab, SonarQube, Selenium, Docker, etc.
• Work with the application team leads and architects to define software development and automated testing standards; introduce Test solutions such as Test/Behavior Driven development while showing a working knowledge of Cucumber, Gherkin, Karma, Jasmine,etc.
• Work closely with the application teams and assist with transitioning those teams to DevSecOps based platforms
• Assist with documenting the Agile development and delivery workflows while aligning those with the Scrum based agile processes
• Ensure availability of DevSecOps environment by proactively administering the systems
• Work closely with the data center operations teams to support the operations on systems hosting DevSecOps eco-system
•Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of overall IT experience at a senior level technical role supporting enterprise systems/application development projects
• 1+ in supporting DevSecOps platforms while designing, installing, configuring and maintaining various components of the pipeline ecosystem
• Expertise in linux systems administration/engineering
• Experience designing DevSecOps pipelines for application development teams with Containerization or Cloud-based deployment solutions
• 1+ years of experience with DevOps CI/CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins (open source or enterprise), GitLab, TravisCI or Atlassian Bamboo
• • Experience with Code Scans and application level security and monitoring solutions
• Experience with Linux systems design, engineering and administration experience with demonstrated advancement to guide technology decisions
• Strong conceptual, analytical, judgment and communication abilities.
Requires ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
• Previous experience supporting FDA or other federal agency
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.