Leidos is currently seeking experienced and highly qualified translators for Tausug and Tagalog with French language. We will sponsor candidates for clearances. Candidates will support the contract on an as needed basis.
Required languages: French + Tausug or Tagalog
The linguist will perform a full range of activities in processing materials or participating in situations requiring a general professional capability as follows:
- Can accurately translate reports/texts in electronic and hardcopy formats that not only contain facts but also some abstract language showing an ability to capture intended implications and many nuances.
- Can generally capture geopolitical, regional, ethnic, and cultural elements in text. Word choice and expression generally adhere to target language (TL) norms and means of expression specific to subject field (s) and are strong enough to allow translator to operate successively in that field.
- Able to interpret accurately. Normally consecutive interpretation is needed, but on rare occasions simultaneous interpretation may be requested
- Has good understanding of one or more regional dialects.
- Reviews audio or internet materials, transcribes with high degree of accuracy and expression.
- Must possess excellent English-language written communication skills for preparing reports.
- Has good understanding of one or more regional dialects.
- Is able to identify and accurately summarize factual points as well as abstract concepts.
- Can triage documentation to isolate pertinent and nuanced info.
- Master use of reference materials. Must possess computer skills; including MS Office, to be able to produce written translations and products and sufficient internet skills that will allow basic research on the Web.
- Must possess excellent English-language verbal communication skills for giving briefings.*External Referral Eligible*
Security Clearance Requirements:
- No clearance is required to apply to the job.
- After passing the required tests, we will sponsor and upgrade your security clearance.
- TS/SCI with polygraph is required. Linguists cannot begin work on contract without a fully adjudicated security clearance.
BA/BS and/or equivalent formal military training and 2-15+ years of related work experience.
Language Testing Requirements:
All candidates will be required to take and pass a French language test administered by Leidos or an accepted commercial testing vendor.
- Experience deployed as a linguist supporting contingency operations,
- Knowledge of U.S. Intelligence Community, military, cryptologic, law enforcement experience
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in Target and English,
- Linguists who are proficient in multiple languages are strongly desired.
- Guidelines on Residence/Travel:
Travel OCONUS is a REQUIREMENT for some of the languages under this program unless otherwise specified. Candidate must be able to support the contract 24/7 when on travel.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.