The NISC IV program at Leidos has openings for Construction Management oversight in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Air Route Traffic Control Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. The candidates will provide technical construction management and oversight support for FAA facility modernization.
Construction inspection assistance to the FAA Resident Engineer is required for various projects including, but not limited to: building a new wing for environmental equipment and mechanical systems, roofing, parking lots, facility refurbishment and security doors.
The candidates will apply broad experience and advanced technical knowledge on multiple, varying and complex assignments. It is necessary to plan, coordinate and perform work with a high degree of independence, while keeping the Project Engineer advised of significant problem areas. The work will require the ability to operate independently to evaluate the functional status of systems and facilities, construction progress, review electrical schematics, installation designs and specifications, manage project logistics, ensure compliance with safety procedures, and prepare risk mitigation plans.
Routine duties will include:
- Review, document, and report on construction progress to the FAA Resident Engineer.
- Monitor construction site safety, and prepare notices of unsafe working conditions.
- Perform engineering analysis with respect to code compliance, reliability, maintainability, safety, economy, project specifications, and recommend corrective action where appropriate.
- Provide estimates of construction progress.
- Escort contractor personnel in security restricted areas.
- Maintain records of receipt, inventory and condition of Government Furnished Material (GFM).
- Prepare daily entries in the Construction Logbook.
- Maintain records of all correspondence and reports pertaining to the project.
Position requires approximately 10% travel.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
- Strong technical background and experience with construction projects, risk mitigation, coordination planning and documentation.
- Experience reviewing project drawings and specifications.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- BS degree and 8+ of prior relevant experience OR Master with 6+ years of prior relevant experience OR 12+ years of prior relevant experience may be considered and/or accepted in lieu of degree.
- Prior FAA experience.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.