Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a senior-level Cyber Fusion Specialist to support Joint Force Headquarters DODIN on our GSM-O II Program at Fort Meade, MD. As a key team member, you will serve as a Subject Matter Expert and will leverage intelligence and operations data, information and processes to identify threats, improve security, and reduce the enterprise’s exposure of vulnerabilities.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
The GSM-O II Program provides network operations and cyber defense support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in support of the DoD and COCOMs . It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation and support to DISA’s mission partners.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Supporting the development of Cyber Fusion Standard, Cyber Fusion Framework and Methodology based on industry best practice and department of defense instruction, guidance, and policy.
- Leveraging an array of network monitoring and detection capabilities (including netflow, custom application protocol logging, signature-based IDS, and full packet capture (PCAP) data) to identify cyber adversary activity.
- Supporting various collaborative and cross functional (Intelligence, Current Operations, Future Operations, Logistics, Planning, Resourcing and Requirements) forums to achieve centrally coordinated, threat informed and prioritized vulnerability scoring and mitigation methodology.
- Performing threat informed analysis by leveraging serialized reporting, intelligence product sharing, OSINT, and open source vulnerability information to ensure prioritized plans are developed.
- Analyzing and documenting malicious cyber actors TTPs, providing recommendations and alignment to vulnerabilities and applicability to the enterprise operational environment.
- Discovering adversary campaigns, anomalies and inconsistencies in sensor and system logs, SIEMs, and other data; investigate to identify or rule out system compromises, provide written analytic summaries and attack life cycle visualizations.
- Providing risk assessments and recommendations based on analysis of technologies, threats, intelligence, and vulnerabilities.
- Recommending adjustment of countermeasures, enterprise or tactical, to account for threats impacting the DODIN.
- Recommending adjustment of prioritized enterprise focused analysis based on immediate threat identified based on intelligence and other analysis performed.
- Collecting analysis metrics and trending data, identify key trends, and provide situational awareness on these trends.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline and 12 years of related experience. Additional combined experience may be accepted in lieu of degree
- CISSP or other IAM Level II/III certification
- Direct experience with network traffic monitoring/capture/analysis capabilities, and various IDS, IPS, SIM/SIEM/SOAR technologies, to include IDS signature development.
- Familiarity with all related aspects of cybersecurity operations/analysis (e.g. incident response & management, forensic media analysis, malware analysis/reverse-engineering, cyber threat intelligence analysis, etc.) and security architecture & engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of network and application protocols, cyber vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques and cyber threat/adversary methodologies (TTPs).
- Proficiency with datasets that support analysis (e.g. passive DNS, WHOIS/registration data, system/service enumeration data, threat indicators/observables, malware analysis results, etc) and various open-source and commercial vendor portals/services/platforms that provide that data.
- Proficiency working with various types of network data (e.g. netflow, PCAP, custom application logs)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience with DISA and DoD Networks.
- Skilled in building extended cyber security analytics.
- Demonstrated experience briefing Senior Executive Service (SES) and General Officer/Flag Officer (GO/FO) leadership.
- Experience in intelligence driven defense and/or cyber Kill Chain methodology.
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance and eligible for polygraph
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.