Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets.
The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a senior level Software Engineer/Developer to design and develop a next generation cyber security mobile application, with heavy emphasis on using C++ with a Qt user interface. The application under development will operate in a combination of Qt/QML along with C++, C, and Python targeting a mobile device environment (e.g., Android, Linux). This application will be running on next generation handheld devices with utilization designed for US government departments and agencies. The career position requires an active Secret DoD security clearance for consideration.
Leidos is seeking a Software Development Engineer to join our established and growing team. The candidate will collaborate in the analysis, design, development, and test of the application. The ideal candidate will have cross-platform experience developing for a variety of operating systems (e.g., Linux, Android), use of a variety of application development platforms (Qt and Android) and programming languages (C++, C, Python), and database (SQLite) as well as experience integrating modules and libraries developed in these programming languages. The candidate will work within an Agile Scrum development environment and use sound software engineering, object oriented, and functional programming principles to ensure that developed code has high quality, is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure and fault tolerant. The candidate will be knowledgeable about implementing secure software development principles and techniques and will use software tools in cooperation with continuous integration and test automation while supporting software reuse and refactoring. The candidate will support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements with other APIs and host systems (i.e., virtualized, containerized, or hardware).
The candidate will join a team of user interface/user experience (UI/UX) engineers, software engineers, system engineers, information assurance engineers, test/quality assurance engineers and other project team members to meet customer requirements. The candidate will contribute to setting the standards and helping the team adopt Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the Leidos Agile Framework to ensure accountability and quality are applied to all assigned tasks. This position requires someone who is proactive and passionate about ensuring the quality of software deliverables and can communicate with the development teams (including Leidos, subcontractors, and customer representatives) what is required to achieve this effectively on diverse tasks.
What you will like about this position…
- Being part of an amazing team of professionals all passionate about the vision of the product and the positive impact it provides to our many customers.
- Implementing a wide variety of forward leaning technologies and the use of powerful industry-standard development tools and practices.
- Position requires a current/active Secret DoD security clearance.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 2-4 years’ experience.
- 1-3 years of experience developing for Linux/Unix and Android operating systems.
- Excellent coding abilities with C++, C, Python.
- Experience using Qt and Android application platforms is a plus.
- Experience in design and implementation of user interfaces for embedded applications / mobile devices with modern UI & Graphics frameworks.
- The Ideal candidate will have experience developing mobile applications with an eye for resource limited (and therefore optimized) software engineering.
- Works well in a team environment and has excellent written and communication skills.
Preferred (some subset of the following):
- Experience in Scrum Methodology or other Agile practices.
- Experience with Mobile Application Development.
- Experience with Software CM (e.g., Subversion, Git, GitLab, GitHub).
- Experience with UI / UX Development Frameworks (e.g., Qt, Android, AngularJS, Ionic, GWT, SmartGWT, React, Node.js).
- Experience with Agile Management Tools and Concepts (e.g., VersionOne, JIRA, Rally, etc.).
- Experience with Automated Testing Tools/Technologies/Concepts (Squish for Qt, TDD, Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, BDD).
- Experience with formalized API development methodologies (e.g., OpenAPI 3.0)
- Experience with Java is a plus.
The right candidate will exhibit the following:
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail at all times; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities and takes ownership of tasks at hand; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.