The Mission Assurance Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an experienced Software Quality Engineer to work in the Rockville, Maryland office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience working on the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Operational Analysis and Reporting System (OARS) program to meet the contract requirements. OARS is a suite of safety analysis tools and capabilities to support FAA’s enhanced safety goals. The OARS program supports the FAA’s Air Traffic Organization (ATO) Safety Management System (SMS) by proactively defining, identifying, assessing, treating and tracking the mitigation of safety risks.
This position develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and protocols for processing data into finished products. It requires collaboration with software and hardware engineering functions to ensure quality standards are in place and met. Implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of software products and hardware equipment. It requires inspection design and analysis of testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducting quality assurance tests; and performing statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Ensures corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and documentation is compliant with requirements. Need to review the design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and development as they apply to product or process quality.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Principal point of contact to the Program Manager for the implementation of Quality Assurance (QA) activities for a major program to the requirements of ISO 9001 in a Software Development environment. Serves as a QA technical lead on the program.
Analyzes contractual and company requirements to determine and establish effective quality mechanisms to satisfy the objectives of the program.
Establishes and/or maintains a Quality Assurance Plan, Audit Schedules, and Inspection Schedules, reporting quality performance and status to the appropriate stakeholders.
Utilizes competencies/knowledge of software, systems, hardware, operations, configuration management, root cause analysis to drive quality excellence.
Conducts activities to:
• assure compliance to process and product requirements
• assure project and process control documentation is compliant with requirements, objectives, and standards
• reviews design, change specifications, materials, tools, techniques, methodologies, and plans against contractual and process requirements
• analyze root causes evaluate and implement effective corrective and preventive actions in conjunction with the Program Manager
• monitor quality health and identify potential risk areas
• analyze quality measurements, using trending and leading quality indicators to optimize program quality performance
• assure product or deliverable acceptance (fit-for-use)
Provide PM and QA Management with metrics, reports and schedules as necessary.
Oversees the delivery/acceptance process for documentation and products submitted to the Customer.
• BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience
• Experience in establishing and implementing Quality Management Systems in accordance with ISO 9001and CMMI standards
• Experience with the software development and delivery life cycle model and multi-discipline background
• Experience resolving complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring consideration of variables that impact multiple aspects of the program
• Experience using Leidos processes and software/tools
• Experience supporting site hardware and software deployments
• Experience working on FAA programs
• Failure Analysis and Corrective Action Systems (e.g. FRACAS) or other best practice approaches
• Shared document repository experience (using SharePoint)
• Experience working in a dynamic team environment, participating in process improvement initiatives and driving organizational culture changes .
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.