The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Data Center Operations Lead, contingent upon contract award, in Rockville, MD
- Responsible for the ongoing operation of the data center.
- Oversee technical and IT issues within the data center including all aspects of data center operations.
- Oversees effective management of computer and server operations, data entry, data security, data center security, data quality control, application performance, and management of the services and applications used for data center management.
- Manage all Contractor data center employees and ensure successful execution of the requirements of this performance work statement.
- Manage to appropriate service level agreements within this performance work statement and report performance to the appropriate Government staff.
- Architect, implement, and maintain network hardware and configurations.
- Deliver stable and responsive application, server, data storage, and backup services and software for the various datacenter environments.
- Assume a lead role in ensuring the security and compliance requirements of networks and protected data.
- Direct Disaster Recovery initiatives from an infrastructure perspective including documenting recovery procedures of all critical components.
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent
- 12 Years professional experience in Data Center Infrastructure design, operations and management
- 10+ years of experience managing Access Control, Maintenance Support, Operations and Administration, Storage and Data Management, Database Administration, Middleware Administration, End User Administration, Web Support
- 10+ years of experience with Data Center Security, IT Service Continuity and Disaster Recovery (DR) Support, Server Operations, Application Hosting, and Backup and Recovery.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a lead role at a large data center environment.
- Demonstrated experience in day-to-day management of the Government-provided server environment, and effectively and efficiently performing procedures to ensure services meet regulatory requirements.
- Experience with developing and implementing distributed server strategy, policies, architecture, standards, and requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in managing SLAs
- 5+ years of experience in gathering performance metrics, analyzing and reporting.
- PMI PMP or FAC-P/PM and ITIL V4 certifications
- Prior experience with Health and Human Services agencies.
- Knowledge of HHS policies and processes
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.