The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an IT Infrastructure Lead, contingent upon contract award, in Rockville, MD
- Providing the strategic direction for the infrastructure function on an enterprise level.
- Assesses the relative impact of IT industry trends to current and future enterprise infrastructure needs and projects.
- Interacts and coordinates with Government personnel and other IT functional area experts to define infrastructure support initiatives and solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversees the development of infrastructure strategy, architecture, service delivery standards and procedures for the enterprise.
- Analyzes and predicts trends and develops long-range plan designed to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness of the enterprise’s IT infrastructure.
- Participates in IT strategy planning activities, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of infrastructure technology and systems and best practices (e.g., ITIL) as related to the needs of the business.
- Actively researches and recommends courses of action to prevent problems and to maintain high infrastructure service levels for the user community.
- Responsible for the IT service delivery management of databases, servers, networks, storage, e-mail, directory and other technology platforms shared across the enterprise in accordance with the service levels prescribed in this performance work statement.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) in Routing and Switching or Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA).
- 12 + years of professional experience in IT Infrastructure operations and administration to include network and security operations
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a lead role providing strategic direction for the infrastructure function on an enterprise level
- Experience with Remote Access Solutions, Firewall Security Management, Intrusion Detection Services, Network Operations Center (NOC) / Security Operations Center (SOC) Support
- Experience with Architecture, Integration Management, Enterprise Mobile Management, Mobile Device and Mobile Phone Support
- Experience with Network-Based Intrusion Detection Services (NIDS) and Host-Based Intrusion Detection Services (HIDS).
- Experience with conducting formal Certification & Accreditation (C&A) efforts
- Experience with providing enterprise architecture support and expert technical consultation for infrastructure projects.
- Experience with providing proactive and scheduled console monitoring of infrastructure and systems in near real time
- 5+ years of experience in reporting and managing SLAs
- 5+ years of experience in gathering performance metrics, analyzing and reporting.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.