Leidos is seeking a Software Product Manager who will be responsible for managing a Product Team, approximately 18 engineers, on the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)’s Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) program. TFDM is a management system that will improve aircraft runway and terminal congestion. Nationwide congestion is increasing, and the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning is critical. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) is the surface management solution that will provide NextGen Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS). TFDM will provide efficiencies for both the airport surface and terminal airspace by providing a new and comprehensive integrated surface traffic control and management system.
Software Development Manager Responsibilities will encompass full SW lifecycle activities for a large-scale software system in support of the TFDM contract.
Software Product Manager Responsibilities:
• Staffing and hiring activities to meet workload needs for the Product team, includes interviewing and evaluating candidates and onboarding selected new hires
• Control Account Manager (CAM) responsibilities that include monthly Cost Status, Schedule Status, Estimate to Complete (ETC) Status, and completing Variance Analysis Reports for applicable control accounts.
• Cost estimating, workload and manpower planning, including authoring Basis of Estimates (BOEs), in support of Product team's current and future business needs on the program (e.g. proposals and task order preparation).
• Responsible for management of full Software Development lifecycle activities for product area(s) including design, code, unit and string testing of features/fixes, development of SW CDRLs, integration and test support for their product area, as well as site issue support.
• Interface with the FAA customer to address/answer questions relating to overall Software area for the program and/or product area(s) as needed.
• Cost, schedule, and resource management, as well as oversight for technical aspects of the SW product team(s).
• Plan engineering tasks, deadlines, milestones, and task sequencing and apply tracking metrics. Implement Earned Value methodology as required by TFDM.
• Ensure delivery of quality work products, including specifications, design, code, and unit/string test plans and procedures, in accordance with program requirements and processes
• Develop and track Software metrics (e.g. Software development productivity, Problem Trouble Report productivity, SLOC growth) and take appropriate action based on how the team is measuring against our expected metrics.
• Identify requirements for subcontractor support to TFDM SW, where applicable.
• Develop and conduct interim and yearly performance reviews for the department personnel; award programs and other employee personnel activities.
• Requires a BA/BS and with a minimum of 8+ years of prior relevant experience a Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience will also be considered
• Experience on a large-scale software development program in a software engineering leadership capacity.
• Demonstrated understanding of full software development life cycle as well as proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions.
• Understanding of SW development lifecycle and processes
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to demonstrate a commitment to personal and corporate excellence, ethical behavior and integrity.
• Control Account Management experience and firm understanding of Earned Value Management concepts
• Planning and cost estimating experience
• Experience with execution under Waterfall and/or Agile development methodology
• Background and development experience on an FAA program, particularly TFDM/ERAM/TBFM/ATOP/AFSS.
• Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs
• Prior experience in TFDM program process, TFDM system architecture, and business rhythm.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.