Leidos is seeking an Instructional Systems Designer to support a Springfield, VA based customer. This position will design both classroom and eLearning modules that will touch upon technical skills (e.g., software), analytic skills, and interpersonal skills for adult learners at a government site. Provides expertise in adult learning practices and methods to develop and enhance instructional curriculum for both classroom and web-based delivery.
This role is needed in multiple locations : Springfield, VA and St Louis, MO
- This position with design both classroom and eLearning modules that will touch upon technical skills (e.g., software), analytic skills, and interpersonal skills for adult learners on a government site.
- Provides expertise in adult learning practices and methods to develop and enhance instructional curriculum for both classroom and web-based delivery.
- B.A., B.S. in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education, Distance Learning, English, or Human Performance Technology, or commensurate relevant experience designing, developing, and implementing learning solutions.
- Experience with the ADDIE model of instructional design, or other established models of instructional design (such as SAM), as well as experience and familiarity with a broad range of adult learning theories and models for evaluation of adult learning.
- Five years of experience in an educational, corporate training, or professional services environment, with an emphasis on e-learning and multimedia technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and implement instructional materials following defined processes to include electronic job aids, structured courseware, and informal learning content.
- TS/SCI clearance (active or within scope)
- Proficient with the following: Articulate Suite, preferably Storyline 2 Writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting of customer-ready materials
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project)
- Familiar with the following: e-Learning standards, to include SCORM and Section 508 Principles of adult learning Basic learning design principles (e.g., Blooms Taxonomy) Project-based, learner centered eLearning development Wikis, and Sharepoint,
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.