Leidos is seeking a System Administrator to support a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD.
This role requires an individual with subject matter expertise administering Windows servers within a physical and virtual environment. This role is responsible for interacting with other administrators to handle service inquiries and problems. Duties include examining incidents and problems and suggesting and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return to service. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence and analyzes existing infrastructure for tuning/performance enhancements. The individual will provide systems and software operations and maintenance support in a large, multi-enclave enterprise environment. This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met and ensure functionality of capabilities of customers. Individuals in this role may be required to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions on customer servers.
• Provide technical support, administration, and monitoring of Microsoft Windows within a physical and virtual environment.
• Provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems from enterprise-wide application and system problems.
• Lead effort to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
• Develop and document solutions to complex technical issues.
• Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, and resolution steps taken) for Root Cause Analysis and process improvement initiatives.
• Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment and be able to provide on-call support during outages occurring after hours.
• Update operations and monitoring documentation for 24/7/365 Operations Watch personnel.
• Responsible for the security and management of Windows servers in multiple production environments
• Solve complex integration and technical Windows and Hyper-V problems in a dynamic fast-paced environment
• Foundational knowledge of AWS or Azure cloud services and the cloud ecosystem
• Experience with integrating windows environments with monitoring solutions such as Microsoft SCOM, SolarWinds, and Splunk.
• Familiarity with Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI) concepts and solutions such as Dell VXRail
• Extensive Experience with Tier 2 system administration of server operating systems such as Microsoft Server (2012 R2/2016/2019)
• Familiarity with supporting virtual desktops running Linux, Microsoft Windows, and/or MacOS
• Extensive Experience with Scripting/Automation through PowerShell or other scripting languages
• Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
• Extensive Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
• Experience with server patch management methodologies utilizing SCCM
• Experience with installing, configuring, and managing active directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, and other Microsoft COTS products
• Time management skills with the ability to work within an IT Service Management/ticketing system (ServiceNow) independently
• Ability to triage and properly classify incidents and prioritize work efforts accordingly
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
• Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)
• The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years (12 years of additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor's degree) or a Master’s Degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Certification relating to Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Certification or MCSA (Microsoft Certified System Administrator )
• Experience with SAN or network storage setup and administration
• Experience with troubleshooting within a McAfee security environment
• Experience with backup and restore procedures utilizing NetBackup.
• Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
• An active TS/SCI with CI polygraph is required for this position.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.