Leidos is seeking a Buyer located in our Oak Ridge, Tennessee facility. The Buyer is responsible for the procurement of IT hardware, hardware maintenance, data, goods and services, company-wide.
- The development and negotiation of favorable prices, terms, schedules and other provisions of purchase orders and acquisition contracts, ensuring consistency with client requirements and procurement policies/procedures under supervisor guidance.
- Purchase order administration/file maintenance, closeout for all procurement related activities and supplier customer management.
- Creating solicitations, supporting proposals, conducting price and cost analysis, negotiating price/cost and price/cost-related terms and other subcontract provisions. Procurement of moderate complexity and risk, with some work being more complex and/or riskier with supervisor assistance.
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Reviews proposals, and selects or recommends suppliers based on gathered information.
- May also recommend improvements to procurement processes and procedures.
- Completes larger procurements with some manager oversight.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree coupled with 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience, OR high school diploma, coupled with equivalent experience.
- Prior experience buying tangible goods is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Customer Service mentality.
- Ability to multi-task and strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation desired.
- CostPoint experience preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $75,000.00 - $101,250.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.