Global Solutions Management-Operations (GSM-O) II, a program within the Defense Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Network Engineer supporting Defense Information Systems Agency – Europe (DISA-EUR) in Stuttgart, Germany.
DISA acts as provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
The position will provide support to the Operational Engineering Division as a member of the Transport team. The primary role of Transport is to restore any network-impacting event affecting customer service. The team accomplishes this goal using a variety of resources, knowledge, and expertise to perform fault isolation, analysis, and troubleshooting across various Transport platforms including SONET Optical/Fiber Transport (ODXC/MSPP), Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Time Division Multiplexing (TDM), and cryptographic systems.
- Provide engineering support and advanced technical operational support to the Defense Information Systems Network for Incident Management operations.
- Perform system analysis of network and telecommunications to assess if deployed changes have caused impacts to customer traffic using provided expectations of traffic behavior, lessons learned, and customer reporting
- Perform and resolve GTMS ticket reporting, in accordance with Change Management procedures
- Perform Root Cause analysis to determine reason for continued outage(s)
- Evaluate and recommend the most efficient design of the network based on Engineering documents and experience
- Advises the Problem Coordinator and Government customer regarding analysis with resolution and provide resolution within Problem Management tickets
- Develop SOPs, TTPs, and WIs to complete Change task via CLI on device
- Design with other engineers to determine the best practice and operation of the network to maintain constant operation
- Determine scheduling of maintenance windows and coordinate dispatch of technicians and availability of site personnel
- Perform and engage vendor support and customer technical assets to determine troubleshooting methodology to use in the resolution or determination of the root cause
- Create and perform the analytical research in Ad-hoc engineering support, statistics/data gathering and reporting
- Interact with vendor Technical Assistance Center (TAC) personnel to gather needed data to develop hardware replacement order
- Provide Mission Support Services (MSS) Support / Sustainment / Compliance
- Engage with Government customer on best practice for the operation/maintenance of the network and to determine solution on report problems or outages/degradations in the network
- DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Good technical knowledge of one or more equipment platforms: CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, Cisco NCS2K, CISCO MSPP 15454/15310, SYCAMORE ODXC 16K/9K, XTERA, and other ancillary equipment.
- Bachelors degree plus 3 years of recent specialized experience, or; a Masters degree with less than 2 years prior relevant experience, or associate's degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, or; Major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, or; possess 11 years of recent specialized experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.