Looking for an opportunity to make an impact!!
Leidos currently has an opening for a Help Desk Analyst (Tier 1) to work in our Rockville, MD office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to support an End User Customer Support program under the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
In this mission we provide Tier 1 Help Desk Support to the NRC's user community. All support is provided via phone, and the help desk specialist will troubleshoot access issues such as password resets and VPN (Virtual Private Network), as well as troubleshoot issues with Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 7/10, printers and networks. The help desk specialist will be responsible for logging all calls in the ticketing system and escalating issues to the next level when needed.
You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth. In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools. This job is for you, if you have an interest in joining a dynamic and respected team of individuals who provide unmatched support to our clients.
- Provides Help/Service Desk support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Ability to diagnose data communications problems using specialized tools, test equipment, and software utilities.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Has deep knowledge of commonly-used IT concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Coordinates cross-tier integration to ensure consistent and repeatable processes.
- Helps drive decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations' effective achievement of objectives.
- Relies on instructions, pre-established guidelines and experience to perform the functions of the job.
- An Associate's degree and a minimum of 1 year experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Knowledge in 2 OR more of the following: Windows, MS Office, Troubleshooting, Logging Tickets, A+, Network + OR Security +.
- Must be able to obtain an NRC Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start (may take anywhere between 1-3 months).
- Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship OR U.S. Permanent Residence is required.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.