Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Service Management, Integration and Transport program. (SMIT) This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
As we continue to grow the program, we are looking to hire a Senior Messaging Engineer in Quantico, VA to support the mission.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The selected candidate will assists the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems. Additional job duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage the operation, maintenance, trouble shooting, sustainment, and account administration for Exchange, Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM), and the Global Address List (GAL).
- Design, develop and integrate mobile solutions to incorporate cellular phones, cellular modems, air cards, personal digital assistant (PDA) devices (i.e. BlackBerries or other approved devices), tethering, and paging into the Enterprise Network.
- Support Capacity Planning for messaging solutions.
- Monitor security updates in accordance with Government procedures for directory services.
- Design remote connectivity to unclassified email, calendars and contacts.
- Design optional data services and peripherals, including support of the enterprise server and DoD PKI or approved hard/soft token encryption.
- Perform tasks associated with highly available Exchange solutions utilizing Datacenter Activation Coordination (DAC)/Database Availability Group (DAG).
- Responsible for Records Retention (Litigation Hold).
- Perform Messaging Disaster Recovery and Message Classification.
- Perform tasks associated with application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and Local Area Network (LAN).
- Perform integration with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates and network accounts to support two-factor authentication for all Active Directory (AD) domain account categories and eliminate the need for password-based authentication.
- Develop and integrate identity and access management requirements such as ForeFront Identity Manager, Oracle/Sun Identity, and Access Management.
- Design and perform Global Address List (GAL) for access via Outlook, Outlook Web Access, or other similar product.
- Execute system integration with WSUS (Windows Server Update Services), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007/12, Host Based Security System (HBSS), external storage devices (utilizing Logical Unit Numbers (LUNs), quota distribution and File sharing), and virtualization specifically, but not limited to, VMware and Hyper-V.
- Perform system integration with, but not limited to, SQL 2008 r2 and server installation on various server hardware.
- Complete Backup (Disaster Recovery) using automated tools such as NetbackUp.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field and a minimum of 10 years of experience
- IIASAE II certification
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 certification
- Active Secret clearance
- Experience with upgrade, integration and upgrade for Exchange 2003-2008, Exchange 2010/2013, and Windows 2008R2/2012 R2.
- Experience with Outlook Anywhere, Windows PowerShell scripting, Group policy management, and Internet IIS.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.