The Leidos Security Detection and Automation (SD&A) operation currently has an opening for an Executive Administrative Assistant. This role will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Operation Manager for SD&A.
The Security Detection and Automation (SD&A) operation’s mission is to transform global security to create a frictionless, fully-integrated security technology ecosystem that enables the safe, healthy, and efficient movement of people and commerce. Our primary markets are domestic and international regulated aviation, ports & borders and other critical infrastructure. The SD&A operation is seeking an administrative assistant who is an excellent communicator, self-starter and has the ability to manage multiple tasks. In this role, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the SD&A Operation Manager and the SD&A leadership team based in Reston VA.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing a broad range of administrative duties including scheduling and coordinating in-person and virtual team meetings and conference calls, managing calendars and appointments for the team, paying invoices, coordinating catering orders, ordering computers and supplies, and maintaining contact lists
- Assisting in preparation of business travel arrangements and expense reports, to include domestic and international travel
- Deep level of expertise in PowerPoint, putting Executive presentations together, formatting, editing, and creating and managing PPT charts for Executive Leadership
- Prepare, review, and disseminate various internal or external communications and official correspondences
- Complete photocopying, compile printouts (briefing packages, business cards, etc.), scan documents, and coordinate department and inter-office mail
- Provide coordination and organization support for division and program meetings
- Record meeting minutes as required
- High school diploma / GED and 3-5 years of prior administrative support experience
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must possess strong organizational skills, be able to multi-task in a fast-paced, complex environment with multiple competing priorities
- Must be responsive and work with a sense of urgency
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally, verbally and in writing, to employees and managers of all levels, to include senior and executive-level management
Associate or Bachelor's degree desired
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.