Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Test Engineer with pilot/military fighter/bomber experience (Pilot or Weapons Systems Officer). You will be part of a highly focused and diverse team of operational Subject Matter Experts, software engineers and security test engineers. Together, your role is to provide agile support to mission planning developers and program managers in bringing the highest quality mission planning software to the warfighter.
This position is based onsite at Eglin AFB, FL and Relocation assistance is available. We are seeking cleared candidates with an active Secret clearance and are motivated to hire!
The focus of this position is to conduct operationally representative evaluation of early release (development cycle) mission planning software with a focus on fighter/bomber capabilities (sensor planning, weapons planning, threat planning) and integration of client systems with Air Force networks and Air-Operations-Center (AOC) nodes. Additional focus is on the use of real-world threat data and Orders of Battle to evaluate data compatibility and integrity from source to mission planning end products such as maps, flight knee-board cards, data cartridges and briefing materials. You will evaluate component level and system level planning capabilities for multiple weapon systems and will provide subject matter expertise for developers, program managers, users, government test agencies and other mission planning stakeholders.
- As the lead for platform level evaluations, you will plan, execute and report on evaluation activities and provide findings and recommendations back to developers, program managers.
- Responsible for developing and coordinating operationally relevant test strategies for Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) environments.
- Conducts end-to-end evaluations of JMPS systems. Activities include technical document development and review, hardware/software configuration management and control, system installation (workstation environment and networked/domain environments), operational test execution and deficiency reporting and analysis.
- Works directly with software developers, program management and operational user community to identify JMPS functional, usability and performance deficiencies and to provide recommendations for improvements.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining evaluation procedures.
- Our team focuses on forward-looking solutions which has made us a valued lifetime partner ensuring mission success!
To be successful you will need these skills:
- BS degree or equivalent and 8 – 12 years relevant experience including USAF/USN operational flying experience in fighter/bomber aircraft.
- Expertise in unit level, wing level or AOC level planning. Previous mission planning experience is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers in the development of complex software systems.
- Knowledge of force-level Command & Control data (Air Tasking Orders/Airspace Coordination Orders (ATO/ACO)).
- Familiarization with Geographic Intelligence (GEOINT) data.
- Previous JMPS experience is required.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a Secret clearance and be eligible to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
Highly desired skills:
- Strong knowledge of MS Windows environments.
- Knowledge of software testing concepts.
- Knowledge of Virtual Machine environments and their use.
- Knowledge of Database Management Systems setup and use.
- Knowledge of software and systems engineering processes for software development life cycle.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.