The National Solutions Group at Leidos is offering a great opportunity for a Flight Safety Watch Operator within a Flight Safety Watch team in Springfield, VA. This program provides Watch and Operations Support and provides mission assurance and contingency operations and exercise support, conducts threat and vulnerability assessments, defensive space control analyses, and assessment of mission contributions and loss impacts during anomalies. This shift position requires 24x7x365 support, via rotational shifts.
*This position is contingent upon contract award
- Perform de-confliction activities for directed energy and RF spectrums to include maintaining databases; reporting on technical analysis results
- Validates, updates, and archives new orbit data
- Applies principles, methods and knowledge of the functional areas of expertise to specific task order requirements, advanced mathematical principles and methods to exceptionally difficult and narrowly defined technical problems in engineering and other scientific applications to arrive at automated solutions.
- Designs and prepares technical reports, studies, and related documentation, makes charts and graphs to record results.
- Prepares and delivers presentations and briefings as required.
- Identifies, assesses, documents and disseminates mission threats and vulnerabilities.
- Plans, develops, and disseminates de-confliction reports for multiple threats to customers and end users.
- Supports training material development and maintenance, and conduct flight safety certification and proficiency training.
- Performs orbital and radio frequency analysis assessments for designated programs with data from multiple sources, including stability assessments, probability of collision, and mission maintenance recommendations.
- Performs project planning for vulnerability testing and coordinate analysis for projects and concepts across enterprise to ensure mission safety.
- Must have an active TS/SCI security clearance with a current polygraph.
- Typically requires a BA degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of significant experience in flight safety, vulnerability testing, orbit mechanics, radio frequency analysis, and relevant engineering activities.
- Ability to support 12-hour work schedule, with the possibility of periodically supporting customer- and environment-driven surges through exercises, anomalies, or major program activities.
- Must have an effective record of effectively interacting with senior external personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with Windows and Unix/Linux based operating systems, software requirements, and software maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to not only work in a demanding operational environment, but to also regularly identify product and process improvements or enhancements.
- Thorough technical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills in a dynamic, high-visibility, operational environment. Must have thorough oral/written presentation, interpersonal and team player skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office & Visual Studio and Adobe Products.
- Experience using Perl (Active State and/or Open IDE), Java, C++, FORTRAN, Mathcad and Matlab.
- Familiarization with AGI STK, BVI, MKS and ArcGIS is preferred.
- Familiarization with Orbital Mechanics and/or space vehicle command and telemetry concepts and operations is preferred.
- Requires a highly-energetic, forward-thinking work ethic and can-do attitude.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:24/7 12 Hour Shift Pattern
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.