The Dynetics-Leidos group has two openings for an Information Assurance Professional to work in our San Diego, CA office. This is an exciting opportunity to serve as an Information Assurance professional within an established Information Security team under the direction of the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) and or senior Information System Security Officer (ISSO).
This role may include a combination of duties to protect information and maintain security controls for an entire system, site, or program in order to reduce risk.
• Assist in managing risks related to the use of processing, storing, or transmitting information within an Information System.
• Establish, implement, and manage security procedures and practices in support of customer requirements and objectives.
• Reduce or eliminate impact to confidentiality, integrity, or availability of information and information systems.
• Develop and update assessment and authorization documentation of information systems.
• Manage, validate and enforce security policies and procedures outlined in the System Security Plan.
• Take corrective action to resolve problems identified and ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Develop process for the management, review, and retention of security audit data.
• Perform security audits IAW established procedures.
• Establish system specific backup and recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly protected and restored.
• Conduct vulnerability management (scanning, assessment, reporting, and mitigation verification), security reviews and tests of systems to verify security features and controls are functional and effective. Take corrective action to resolve identified vulnerabilities.
• Perform periodic maintenance on systems to include installation of operating system patches and updating virus definitions.
• Install hardware and software as required.
• User account management.
• Train and educate end-users on proper security practices
• An active DoD Top Secret clearance is required for consideration.
• Bachelor's degree and 2 -4 years experience in Information Security, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Information Technology/Network Administration or related discipline, or 2 – 4 years of direct experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Possess a current DoD 8570.01 compliant certification for IAM Level I, e.g. Security + w/CE, or the ability to obtain either within 6 months of employment.
• A working knowledge of Windows-based Information Systems with basic experience with LINUX operating systems.
• The qualified candidate shall have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work independently, prioritize, schedule, and complete multiple tasks.
• Current DoD Top Secret clearance
• Experience conducting security audits of information systems.
• Extensive training or experience with Windows-based Information Systems with a working knowledge of LINUX operating systems.
• Current Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification
• Vulnerability assessment and analysis experience utilizing SCAP, ACAS/NESSUS and DISA STIGs
• Experience with DoD implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and governing directives (NIST, CNSS, DCSA, etc.)
• Familiarity with the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency Assessment and Authorization Manual (DAAPM)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.