Leidos is seeking an Electro-Mechanical Technician to work for the Ports and Borders (P&B) business unit in Vista, CA.
The P&B business unit at Leidos designs and manufactures highly complex security equipment for use at border crossings, seaports, airports, and other transportation mechanisms. Our products include radiation detectors, spectrometers, and X-ray and gamma ray scanners for cars, trucks and trains.
- Work as part of a cross-functional engineering team with Scientists and Engineers to develop next-generation X-ray based security equipment
- Assemble, wire, and functionally test electrical and mechanical prototype assemblies. Assemblies may encompass circuit boards, wiring panels with terminal blocks and cabling, and large-scale mechanical assemblies.
- Operate X-ray producing machinery for developmental tests and demonstrations
- Organize and maintain engineering laboratories
- Maintain X-ray machines, test equipment, and vehicles in the outdoor/indoor test areas, many of which are elevated work areas.
- Escort external entities in radiation controlled access areas of the facility
- High school diploma with at least 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with common wiring practices, such as wire/cable stripping, terminal blocks, crimping tools, wire management, cabling, and soldering
- Experience with electrical test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DMMs, function generators, bench supplies
- Experience reading schematic diagrams and assembly drawings
- Experience with basic computer skills, including connection of peripherals, using Microsoft Windows and applications, and networking
- Comfortable working with and around X-ray radiation producing machines, radioactive materials, high voltage, heavy machinery, batteries, electric and hydraulic power systems
- Able to safely operate forklifts and scissor lifts, and work on elevated platforms
- Able to effectively work with a cross-functional team of Scientists and Engineers
- Proficient at soldering electronic components, wiring, and connectors
- Familiar with a product development process including prototyping, testing, Engineering drawings and documentation formats, and Engineering change processes
- Experience working with X-ray producing machinery
- Experience using MRP systems or production/inventory databases
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Technologist
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.