Are you ready to join the mission to innovate and modernize how we support our nation’s Veterans around the globe with world class technology? The BEST and BRIGHTEST come to #TeamLeidos, where we take pride in making a difference with every key stroke! You will enjoy great benefits, excellent PTO packages, 10 Paid Federal Holidays, Flexible Schedules, Unlimited Education/Certification Opportunities and Training Support, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Disability Leave, Safe Work Environments AND an incredible internal/external referral bonus program that rewards you for knowing and sharing great talent with us!!
Leidos has a current opening for a Sr. Configuration Manager. This role supports the Department of Veteran Affairs Austin Information Technology Center (AITC). This role can be worked remotely within the United States. Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder to be eligible on the contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services such as benefits and home loan applications processing, focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
The Sr. Configuration Manager will support our efforts in aligning Change, Release and Configuration Management through the enterprise and they will assist with this increased workload. They will support the Configuration Management team with establishing organizational timelines, policy and procedures to meet organizational goals. They will assist with leading SharePoint Project Management, Timelines and documentation efforts.
- Requires ability to communicate with program leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
- Works with VA stakeholders and team members to demonstrate acceptability of urgent practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Manage and maintain the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)—enterprise level; as a means to implement continuous process improvement efforts—analyze/modify the current enterprise change framework and provide status reporting prior to and/or after remediation actions/fixes have been engineered and executed; validate deployment plans have been provided and are in compliance with existing performance limitations.
- Provide customers and government lead with accurate, timely information on infrastructure system/service configuration items.
- Document and track modifications using the established CMDB—such as ServiceNow, or other VA-approved ITSM system(s).
- Identification of configuration items, implementing change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits.
- Working on teams to create and maintain software, hardware, and documentation configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.).
- Developing and updating CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to scope of the developmental or operational system.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for ITIL SACM.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management tools including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins or equivalent
- Provide change, release and configuration support at the ITIL program office level.
- Support the ITIL functions of Change Management, Release Management, Build Management and Configuration management throughout the ITOPS.
- Ensure that all components of product releases and infrastructure changes are organized and deployed in a controlled manner enabling a repeatable process.
- Review, analyze and standardize release and deployment processes and audit those processes as well. The Contractor shall support the design and implementation of formal procedures, including checks and balances throughout the process.
- Identify and mitigate risk to ensure the integrity and recoverability of the production environment and ensure the currency, accuracy, and completeness of the CMDB for all business and technical data elements for ITOPS applications.
- Experience and be able to develop, document, and implement detailed plans for ensuring configuration control for IT programs, projects, and tasks. When issues arise, must be able to identify and implement solutions.
- Maintain thorough records and documentation to ensure accurate product builds, part ordering and product and/or software updates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Management, Math, or the equivalent plus 10 years of experience. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience with change management, release management, build management and configuration management.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- ITIL Certification
- Service Now Certification
- Well versed in ITIL practices – v3 and understanding of v4
- Understanding difference and integrations between Asset Management and Service Configuration Management
- Experience in technical and process implementation of ITIL Config Mgmt – v3 or v4
- Experience with CMDB architecture – CI Identification – Services and Technology CIs / CI Ownership / CI Auditing and Reporting
- Process integrations between Configuration Management and other ITIL processes – Primarily Change, Incident, and Problem
- Experience developing documentation – Analyst level continuity documentation such as Work Instructions for CfM standard daily activities
- ITSM Tool experience – ServiceNow preferably, but any other type of equivalent Enterprise ITSM tool
- Experience in leading Analysts through Configuration Management Daily activities
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.