Leidos is searching for a Sr Security Engineer for our QTC team! QTC is the Nations largest provider of Medical, Disability, and Occupational Health Examinations. The cutting edge technology that QTC has patented is designed to optimize the exchange of information between our clients and providers to ensure a timely delivery.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the QTC mission.
Reporting to the Manager of IT Infrastructure, the IT Security Engineer, Senior is responsible for the administering and enhancing the QTC’s IT Security Plan, covering applications and databases, and participating in enterprise systems security administration. The position is responsible for developing, delivering, and continuously enhancing IT security policies and practices, and helping with the training of QTC employees and contractors on IT security protocols. The position will help establish effective IT security for the company and support any technology-related initiatives enhancing QTC’s IT security roadmap.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the organization’s networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions; develop and/or activate contingency planning in the event of a security breach to minimize severity of the external attack and enable the return to normal IT operations
- Configuring and maintaining vulnerability and compliance scanning tools - including patch management to determine what systems to scan - including schedule
- Conduct root cause analysis to identify gaps in IT security and make recommendations that ultimately remediate risk
- Providing a systematic, disciplined approach to the analysis of operational business and governance processes to conform to standards and regulations
- Evaluates the design and effectiveness of IT controls based upon industry best-practice models (e.g. COBIT, ITIL, FISMA, NIST, OMB, etc.) in accordance with compliance requirements
- Design and implement the IT Security Plan; establish practices and protocols to ensure a robust technology framework for the company; develop policy, programs, and guidelines for implementation
- Plan, design, and implement security-related technologies for establishing QTC’s IT security effort (e.g. software, firewall, data encryption, etc.); may test networks for vulnerabilities
- Analyze existing IT security strategies, roadmaps, and implementation plans; advise customers on solutions to maintain and/or improve QTC’s IT security profile
- Good understanding of SIEMs and similar technologies to audit for unauthorized access attempts or other information security violations
- Review new and existing system configurations for compliance with security standards and best practices
- Assess organizational progress towards IT security goals and objectives; partner with organizational leadership to develop and/or modify strategies and plans utilizing IT resources
- Conduct analysis of solutions and/or alternatives in response to customer requirements
- Collaborate with Leidos counterparts to proactively evaluate and/or reposition IT security measures to counter external threats
- May assist in ensuring new and existing products conform to information security policies, standards, and best practices
- May mentor and/or train other IT staff supporting IT security projects and initiatives
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to switch between priorities quickly without affecting quality or performance
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of information assurance principles and their application
- Knowledge of enterprise and network security concepts and solutions such as but not limited to: SIEM, Nessus, AD/GPO, Patch Management, Endpoint Detection/Response
- Ability to work with others to solve challenging technical problems
- Ability to lead projects and maintenance activities across QTC’s disbursed networks and facilities
- Ability to stay abreast of IT Security trends and issues, as applicable to QTC IT Security Plan
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Business, Computer Science, Information Security; or equivalent work experience/combined education
- 5 to 9 years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated IT security systems and administration experience
- Industry Certifications from Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Aruba, Palo Alto Networks a plus
- IT Security Certification such as CISSP, CEH, CISM, CISA a plus
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.