The NASA End User Services and Technologies (NEST) program has an opportunity for a Business Analyst on the ServiceNow Development and Engineering team who will work closely with customers and implementation teams to support requirements definition, documentation, testing, and delivery for changes to the ServiceNow platform.
As a member of the ServiceNow Development and Engineering team, the candidate perform the following tasks.
- Performs functional and business requirements analysis and IT applications analysis, and IT infrastructure management.
- Writes system requirement specifications, including use cases and user stories.
- Develops test plans and test cases and executes the test cases.
- Recognizes, diagnoses, researches and resolves system and design concerns.
- Provides development life-cycle support and evolutionary lifecycle improvements or modifications.
- Establishes and manages Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTM)
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate Change Management processes/procedures and documentation are followed.
- Provides high level support to the NEST program office in identifying services, processes and cost for existing and future IT systems.
- Maintains a detailed knowledge of required compliance documentation.
- Provides briefing on analysis of NEST business activities.
- Performs analysis to evaluate the cost of alternative ways to accomplish functional objectives, analysis including investment costs, benefits and risks as a net change to the functional baseline costs, the cost of doing business now and in the future.
- Performs functional testing on all changes to the ServiceNow platform.
- Experience writing user stories, slicing features, using test suites and maintaining issue backlog.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse agile teams, product owners, and subject matter experts.
- Experience conducting stakeholder interviews and facilitating stakeholder workshops.
- Experience with ITSM systems, especially ServiceNow.
- Experience working with Agile software development methodology.
- Experience working in the NASA environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.