Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Lead Instructional Systems Designer to provide support to mission critical systems. As a Lead Instructional Systems Designer on this program, you will have the opportunity to oversee the team who develops course material and provides classroom instruction for a classified customer. This group will support the organization in the design, development, review, evaluation, restructuring/redesign, and/or repackaging of training solutions.
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following duties:
- Lead the team to determine the learning need, appropriate learning outcomes, and the most appropriate instructional methodologies based on adult learning theory.
- Document needs assessment findings to include recommendations to be used by the client.
- Determine the tasks, skills, level of effort, and advanced learning strategies required to meet the learning needs of the organization.
- Design, develop, and deliver instructional materials for instructor and student use in approved formats such as visuals, handouts, and reference guides.
- Demonstrated ability to develop participant-centered, applied learning solutions.
- Assessment expertise at multiple Kirkpatrick levels
- Knowledge of the latest trends in education and how technology enables learning
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Completes peer to peer reviews to ensure consistency, quality, and appropriate use of course content guidelines.
- Ability to teach and mentor others.
- Experience creating learning solutions in a fast-paced, agile environment with a focus on iteration, continuous improvement using business feedback, and lifecycle planning for learning programs
- Provide consultation and recommendations to customers on innovative training solutions, as well as effective and relevant curriculum development and delivery.
- Work with instructors, subject matter experts, instructional technologists, and developers to analyze, design, develop, and evaluate learning solutions.
- Due to the nature of the contract we support, US Citizenship is required
- Lead a fast-paced, highly successful training team which develops next-generation training for the NCTC
- Partner closely with mission users and mission trainers to build, design, and grow next generation training for the latest counterterrorism products
- Direct customer interaction and the ability to shape the roadmap of training through partnership with them and the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Instructional System Design, Instructional Technology, adult education, or a related field.
- Must have ISD experience within the IC
- Must have an understanding of the ADDIE instructional system design model
- Candidate must have BS with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years prior relevant experience.
- Previously lead a training team within the IC
- 6 or more years progressive work experience in instructional design to include training industry experience (instructor-led, online, and in blended environments).
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Creative Suite
- Pluses: Experience with SCORM, Section 508 requirements, and technical specifications for Learning Management Systems (LMS), Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, and/or Lectora
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.