Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Systems Engineer to support the End-to-End Visibility tenet on our GSM-O Special Projects Team. As a core member, you will support E2E’s vision of architecting and designing single systems that provide a holistic single-pane-of-glass (dashboard) interface providing overall system status. You will also work with the GSM-O II internal development and implementation teams, operational end users, and support teams to gather data, define requirements and use cases, perform gap analysis, develop functional and design specifications, and test plans.
While this role is primarily remote, one must live within driving distance of Ft. Meade, MD or Scott AFB, IL to be considered.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
The GSM-O II Program includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Leading tasks related to managing and employing SE standard methods, models and artifacts, SE processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities as directed. These include:
- Data gathering, Requirements Definition, Use Case Development, Gap Analysis, Functional Specification, Test Plans, and Design Specification
- Working closely with End Users, Software, Data, and DevOps Engineers, and Data Scientists.
- Execution of engineering activities, requirements analysis, implementation planning, third party coordination, integration and test, documentation, deployment, and system assessment.
- Employing SE approach for systems planning, design, execution, and sustainment.
- Assisting in defining processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models through use of SE tool.
- Understanding and leveraging an “Enterprise Product” approach to identifying 1) Requirements that represent a gap in capabilities, and 2) Opportunities for reuse.
- Collaborating with colleagues to monitor and report technical variances; facilitating resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
- Reporting the technical status of product development to assigned leads on a consistent basis.
- Identifying and managing external dependencies.
- Estimating level of effort (hrs/days/resources) to outline & update a projected project schedule.
- Asking questions & raising concerns as soon as possible without being prompted
- Supporting requirements specification and definition for the GSM-O E2E Architecture
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12+ years of professional experience; or 10 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Must be eligible to obtain DoD SECRET security clearance
- Experience in architecture, design, develop, and delivery of data driven operations capabilities, within a DoD environment.
- 10+ years of systems engineering experience
- 6+ years of project planning experience
- 10+ years with Linux/RHEL OS system
Experience with the following:
- Leading development of a software-based operational system
- Taking a solution through the Design Reviews, including SRR, PDR, and CDR
- Developing formal DoD requirements
- Requirements traceability for software systems (RVTM)
- Creating DoDAF artifacts
- CMMI, including the generation of appropriate artifacts
- V&V, including automated testing of software systems.
- Writing software systems engineering documents (SDP, etc.)
- Development of formal software interface documents (IDDs/ICDs)
- Shaping and leading a diverse multi-disciplinary team in a dynamic environment
- Developing detailed plans/schedules in support of technical assignments
- Knowledge of web services: API, REST
- Experience creating, developing & executing required work tasks to accomplish a project goal
- Experience identifying and tracking related project task dependencies, risks & possible mitigations
- Experience estimating level of effort (hrs/days/resources) to feed & update a projected project schedule
- Experience with JIRA, Git repo and Confluence
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Active DoD SECRET Clearance
- Experience with data Visualization and dashboards
- Experience with Elastic/Kibana
- Experience with Network data
- Experience with big data applications
- Experience with cloud-based AWS services
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.