Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Senior Software Engineer (UX) to support the Innovations Team on our GSM-O II Program. As a key team member, you will work as part of a fast paced, Agile development and implementation team to architect, design and develop a unified UX that provides a holistic single-pane-of-glass interface for an integrated solution. You will also work with operational end users and support teams to perform requirements analysis, as well as design, develop and demonstrate UI mockups and wireframes.
While this role is primarily remote, one must live within driving distance of Ft. Meade, MD or Scott AFB, IL to be considered.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
The GSM-O II Program includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation and support to DISA’s mission partners.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Researching, designing and user-testing experiences and making strategic user-experience decisions while working closely with product owners, engineers and stakeholders throughout the product lifecycle.
- Conducting usability studies and proactively identifying and devising solutions for issues with the existing experience. Tracking success of experience focused changes and iterating as necessary to improve performance.
- Independently conducting UX research interviews, prototype reviews, surveys, and usability sessions.
- Mentoring teammates on UX concepts. Working with teammates and other disciplines to encourage teams to adopt UX design solutions.
- Developing personas, user flows, scenarios, user stories, goal/task analysis, system workflows and other key tools of user-centered design that simplify and enhance the insights acquired from complex data analytics platforms.
- Translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, and work collaboratively to create mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experience.
- Applying the basics of visual design principles in their design work such as visual hierarchy, proximity, similarity, font selection and color theory and demonstrate an understanding of visual, layout, content organization, and accessibility guidelines.
- Integrating UI components with CI/CD build/deployment pipelines that use Cloudbees/Jenkins, Artifactory, OpenShift/Kubernetes, Docker and Bitbucket.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12+ years of professional experience; or 10 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Must be eligible to obtain DoD SECRET security clearance.
- Must be able to obtain an 8570 Level II certification such as Security+
- 5+ years of UX architecture, design, development and delivery experience. Strong documentation skills with a proven ability to develop architecture diagrams and wireframes.
- Three or more years of demonstrable experience designing, developing and deploying dashboards and reports using the Elastic stack, including Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana and Beats.
- Experience with Elastic stack security features, such as client authentication, SSL/TLS configuration, and role-based document filtering.
- Experience developing, building and deploying software using Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory and Ansible (or equivalent tools).
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team, including the ability to clearly articulate status and present to both customers and program leadership.
- Experience using project management tools such as Jira and Confluence to document requirements, acceptance criteria and test cases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with and convey focused messages to stakeholders, customers, domain experts, program managers and teammates.
- Active DoD Secret clearance with ability to obtain an 8570 certification, such as Security+ CE.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Active DoD SECRET Clearance
- Current DoD 8570 Level II certification (i.e. Security+)
- Elastic/Kibana Certified Engineer.
- Experience with containers orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Domain experience with network data.
- Experience with big data applications.
- Experience with cloud-based AWS services.
- Experience designing, developing and deploying solutions using DevOps/DevSecOps concepts.
- Experience developing and deploying software in a DoD environment (DISA experience is a plus), including experience building and deploying software applications that meet DoD security standards.
- Experience working remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.