The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Tech Lead/ Java Developer.
This role is open to full telecommuting.
The Lead Java Developer will:
Apply an enterprise-wide set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design and construction of information systems on an enterprise-wide basis or across a major sector of the enterprise. Develop analytical and computational techniques and methodology for problem solutions. Perform enterprise wide strategic systems planning, business information planning, business and analysis. Perform process and data modeling in support of the planning and analysis efforts using both manual and automated tools. Apply reverse engineering and re-engineering disciplines to develop migration strategic and planning documents. Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools. Provide daily supervision and direction to staff.
Direct major technical deliverables of all aspects of the project including software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. Mentor other software engineers and share your knowledge with the team and the organization to make us all better at what we do. Always respect the opinions of others, accept constructive criticism, share your views with a passion for improving the entire team’s performance, and collaborate openly and positively with your teammates.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Serve as the lead software developer overseeing project design and development.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Leidos Enterprise Application Foundry (LEAF) team to ensure enhancements and bug fixes needed are planned into the program roadmap.
- Work closely with the Product Manager, Business Analyst, and Chief Engineer to develop the best technical designs and solutions for the program.
- Ensure team adheres to Agile processes and software engineering best practices.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines.
- Communicate with internal team members across multiple areas and coordinate completion of key deliverables across teams.
- Liaise with external and internal customer stakeholders on technical design decisions and trade-offs and ensure software solution will meet required functional, performance, and SLA thresholds.
- Evaluate the selection and/or hiring of team members to ensure team has the right balance of skills and experience to implement the solution.
- Mentor other engineers in the art of building complex, web scale systems.
- Resolve roadblocks for the development team, working collaboratively with the Product Owner, program leadership, and other engineers.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience delivering entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Experience serving as a technical development lead managing large projects or processes.
- Deep understanding of software design patterns.
- Working knowledge of Agile Development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools.
- Solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Familiarity with basic web technologies (HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON)
- Familiarity with Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Familiarity with CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins)
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Helm)
- Familiarity with Containerized applications and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Service Bus Technologies (Kafka)
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Familiarity with NoSql databases (MongoDB, etc.).
- Experience working with Leidos Enterprise Application Foundry (LEAF) a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2,000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.