Leidos is seeking a Senior Human Factors Engineer (HFE) who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the development and improvement of user interface designs, and support the development and delivery of Air Traffic Management Systems for the Federal Aviation Agency (FAA). The HFE will also play an important role in working with Systems Engineers to develop system requirements and solutions for the customer. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping various contracts in support of the customer’s mission. FAA’s En Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) is the solution that provides NextGen En Route Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS). The ERAM program is an FAA NextGen program and a key program for the Leidos Civil Division.
Senior Human Factors Engineer Responsibilities:
• The Human Factors Engineer will support the development of User Interface design concept based on customer specifications and guidance. The primary duties include:
• Ability to analyze user’s change requests or enhancement requests, concept of operations documents, and use cases to develop and mature user interface concepts.
• Ability to transform customer inputs and feedback into concept visualizations through Corel Draw, and Linux-based wireframing and rapid prototyping tools.
• Support the software development of prototypes to facilitate interactive demonstrations of the concepts for the User.
• Ability to guide systems engineers in formulating requirements, advise on alternative approaches, and conduct feasibility studies.
• Ability to develop user interface diagrams to illustrate and document the concepts and their changes.
• Ability to incorporate new plans, designs, and systems, into ongoing operations.
• Act as a liaison between the User and the Systems Engineering team, providing support to make decisions on technical considerations and associated problems, issues or conflicts.
• Assume responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Human Factors area of responsibility
• Requires Bachelors of Science and minimum of 10 + years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
• Degree in Human Factors engineering, human factors psychology, cognitive psychology or related discipline with a focus on human-computer interaction and usability preferred but will consider a Master's degree in other fields if candidate has exceptionally strong background.
• BCPE board certified (CPE or CHFP) preferred but will consider non-certified candidates and candidates with alternate certification (e.g. CHFEP).
• 10+ years of experience in requirements analysis, human-computer interface design, testing and evaluation, and user-centered design processes as well as systems engineering experience in writing requirements is preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Human Factors Design Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.