The Deputy Program Manager (DPM) is responsible to the Transition Director for the efficient and effective execution of the Transition contract. The Program Manager server as the overarching leader of the company’s employees and will work closely with the Contracting Officer’s Representative, Government Representatives and Transition Headquarters Staff to ensure the proper execution of the transition contract. The PM is the primary focus of the contract and is responsible for the contract staffs performance.
The DPM’s duties include the following:
• Serve as a point of contact with the government and manage all contract operations at the Headquarters level.
• Assist in managing the contractor program and project teams for optimal program effectiveness
• Assist the PM in providing operational expertise and oversight of the Program Management Office (PMO)
• Assist the PM in providing in Directing and managing PMO actions for day-to-day TAP functions to ensure all contract requirements are met
• Conduct command level briefings to government personnel and TAP stakeholders
• Implement and provide guidance to PMO staff on TAP policies and processes.
• Operational program focus is primary duty
• Assist PM with direct Face-to-face assistance with HRC Management Team
• Assist PM with leading PMO team to provide analysis of transition policies and its impact to SFL – TAP staff and client services while also providing workable solutions for execution to HRC and IMCOM
• Assist with guiding the contract staff IRT offering specialized courses tailored to the needs of the installation
• Assist with providing advice and guidance regarding TAPXXI
• Communicate with CIMs, DHRs, TSMs, TSSs and other government stakeholders regularly to ensure smooth execution
• Assist PM to provide advice and guidance regarding TAPXXI; Assist PM with assisting government with analyzing business’ activities, expenses,establishing goals, and communicating the strategy throughout the organization
• Assist PM with directing, defining and coordinating program issues and find workable solutions
• Assist with monitoring technical issues (TAPXXI) and preparing/analyzing specialized adhoc reports.
• Provide guidance to SFL – TAP staff in regards to new surveys; pilots; and, planning for surges
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
• 4+ years in a management role
• Exceptional leadership skills, time management, facilitation and organizational skills.
• Working knowledge of the TAP program
• Working knowledge of government chain of command and transition policies.
• Working knowledge of change management principles
• Applicants must successfully undergo a background investigation (National Agency Check)
• U.S. Citizen
• Ability to meet and correspond regularly with a Government counterpart.
Prior management experience with the TAP program.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.