The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Therapeutics Project Manager, contingent upon contract award, who will oversee and execute the day-to-day activities of program(s) within the therapeutics team.
Position location: Washington, DC.
- Define project goals and objectives in preparing project management plans for accomplishment
- Oversee program planning activities and review and evaluate activities for attainment of overall objectives.
- Monitor processes and performance, assess and implement technical approaches and solutions to problems
- Provide technical vision and leadership for project design and development.
- Develop comprehensive plans and strategies for activities
- Participate and lead project teams to support process development and implementation related to adoption, administration, and use of COVID therapies
- Support stakeholder engagement activities related to COVID therapies
- Experience leading therapeutics administration research projects and teams
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following subject areas is desired:
virology/immunology, diagnostics, microbiology, infectious disease, therapies, medical countermeasure and/or pharmaceutical research and development
- A well-rounded, flexible, and energetic scientist/technologist is critical for this position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience with unstructured verbal interactions, briefings, and meeting moderation
- Intellectually curious, creative thinker who can conceptualize research directions, analyze trends, and help develop justifications for adoption of new and existing COVID therapies
- Demonstrated experience providing scientific advice to senior government leaders
- Demonstrated experience in assisting with coordinating potential research collaborations with other federal Government agencies, industry, and international organizations
- Ability to analyze, summarize, and communicate the intellectual content of scientific and technological information to both scientific and lay audiences quickly and effectively
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent, beneficial but not required
- Ability to draft articles for review for possible submission to technical journals, command information publications and other media covering significant accomplishments of
Education: Master’s degree, or equivalent experience, in health care-related field, or Master’s in project management.
Experience level: 7+ years of relevant experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.