The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking Plans Action Officers, contingent upon contract award, who will be responsible for providing operational-level planning capabilities to support the Chief Operations Officer and other senior leaders throughout the organization.
Location: Washington, DC.
- Provides support for all organizational planning efforts, integrating across multiple agencies and synchronizing across all workstreams and staff sections.
- Facilitates coordination across entities, with the single goal of providing actionable information and knowledge to enable decision-making by leaders.
- Accelerates information flow and guidance from senior leaders to the staff to ensure synchronization and unity of effort.
- Synchronizes and integrates tactical planning efforts of our embedded planners within key staff sections to ensure plans are nested with guidance, intent, and priorities.
- Reviews and provides recommendations to the Chief of Plans on current systems and processes in place to ensure they are appropriately nested with senior leader guidance and they provide appropriate levels of detail to enable rapid understanding and decision making.
- Significant experience facilitating collaboration across multiple workstreams and agencies.
- Desirable to have served in key developmental positions serving the Secretary, assistant secretary level or senior level in one of the federal operating divisions.
- Experience briefing senior civilian leadership highlighting operational and strategic impacts of planning efforts.
- Driven, self-starting and able to critically think at the operational level to determine and recommend current and future planning requirements.
- Aggregate multiple data points and collate information into succinct products for senior leaders.
- Guide and track execution of multiple planning lines of effort.
- Collect, analyze, and process information on current and forecasted situation.
- Establish organizational information requirements and reporting schedules to support the planning effort.
- Establish information collection activities as necessary, e.g., Essential Elements of Information (EEI), forecasted weather and impacts, infrastructure, environmental, demographics, etc.
- Oversee the production and distribution of the Situation Report.
- Compile and display incident status information. Report any significant changes in incident status.
- Manage the preparation of all operational deliberate and contingency plans as required.
- Document in writing all significant decisions and facts relative to activities on the incident.
Education: Possess a bachelor’s degree.
Experience level: Minimum 5 years of experience operating in interagency and intergovernmental organizations or equivalent experience.
Clearance: Ability to obtain Secret (interim or final)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.