The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking Vaccination/Therapeutic Programmatic Managers, contingent upon contract award, who will serve as project managers to support programmatic development of vaccine, therapeutic and/or antimicrobial projects.
Location: Washington, DC.
- Provide program and contract management and acquisition support to BARDA staff for COVID19 staff for the execution of multiple research and development programs.
- Assist in leading program oversight from inception of projects through transition with attention on programmatic metrics and milestones (e.g. cost, schedule, and adherence to contractual requirements).
- Develop and manage program plans, strategies, and budgets. Use financial tools to provide appropriate oversight across multiple programs and budgets in a portfolio.
- Analyze and evaluate program plans and metrics to align with BARDA mission and programmatic goals. Identify program risks and problems and assist with mitigation strategies.
- Assist with the design, procurement, and execution of programs in support of BARDA’s COVID19 response.
- Coordinate across agency and response leadership, stakeholders, interagency partners, and potential user communities.
- Identify opportunities for and assist with the transition of selected programs.
- Provide contract management and acquisition support.
- Assist in development and editing of various documents, including meeting summaries, and briefing materials.
- Organize, coordinate and host technical meetings, workshops, etc.
- Biological, medical, pharmaceutical knowledge
- Experience working with research and development projects and teams.
- A well-rounded, flexible, and energetic individual is critical for this position.
- Demonstrate experience in managing program schedules, budget, and contractual requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience with unstructured verbal interactions, briefings, and meeting moderation.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Intellectually curious, creative thinker who can conceptualize research directions, analyze trends, and help develop justifications for new research and development investments.
- Demonstrated experience providing advice to senior government officials.
- Demonstrated experience in working with teams with a variety of backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience in assisting with coordinating collaborations with other federal government agencies, industry, and international organizations.
- Experience and knowledge with government acquisition process, including Federal Acquisition Certification for Contracting (FAC-C), Federal Acquisition Certification for Contracting Officers Representative (FAC-COR), Federal Acquisition Certification for Project/Program Managers (FAC-P/PM), and federal personnel roles and responsibilities.
- Prior experience working with government institutions or biopharmaceutical industry experience considered beneficial, but not required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent beneficial, but not required.
A bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or chemistry or engineering or related discipline or a Public Administrator or in Business Management/Administration
Experience level: 8+ years or commensurate experience
Clearance: Ability to obtain Secret (interim or final)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.