The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking Vaccination/Therapeutic Technical Managers, contingent upon contract award, who will serve as project managers to support technical development of vaccine, therapeutic and/or antimicrobial projects.
Location: Washington, DC.
- Provide technical expertise, program and contract management, and acquisition support to BARDA staff for current and planned advanced development research and development programs for vaccines, therapeutics against COVID-19 and against other threat agents.
- Assist in managing programs and provide technical support on product development projects to ensure all requirements are addressed.
- Communicate scientific information effectively both orally and written (e.g. briefing presentations, technical documents, etc.).
- Analyze and evaluate projects, proposals and plans, and metrics for technical and programmatic merit, as well as to identify risks, mitigation strategies and potential areas of improvements.
- Assist with the vision, design, acquisition, and execution of projects in support of the government program director(s).
- Coordinate and integrate amongst BARDA senior staff and potential stakeholders, interagency partners, and user communities regarding areas of collaboration, needs, emerging industrial and academic capabilities, and technologies.
- Identify and review emerging requirements and opportunities for transition and application of selected technologies.
- Assist in leading technical discussions with Government and Industry regarding program concepts, funded projects, strategies, and transition concepts.
- Identify, technically evaluate, and accelerate innovative projects to advance BARDA COVID-19 MCM initiatives.
- Biological, medical, pharmaceutical knowledge.
- Knowledge of the regulatory studies process.
- Knowledge of the medical countermeasure licensure process.
- Experience leading early stage research and development projects and teams.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following subject areas is desired: virology/immunology, small molecules, diagnostics, microbiology, infectious disease, drug manufacturing, vaccines, medical countermeasure and/or pharmaceutical research and development
Education: Credentialed, experienced pharmacists; doctoral degree(s) in medicine or pharmacy. An advanced graduate degree (PhD) or equivalent experience in biological sciences or chemistry or pharmaceutical sciences or engineering or related discipline.
- A well-rounded, flexible, and energetic scientist/technologist is critical for this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience with unstructured verbal interactions, briefings, and meeting moderation.
- Intellectually curious, creative thinker who can conceptualize research directions, analyze trends, and help develop justifications for new research and development investments.
- Demonstrated experience providing scientific advice to senior government leaders.
- Demonstrated experience in assisting with coordinating potential research collaborations with other federal Government agencies, industry, and international organizations.
- Ability to analyze, summarize, and communicate the intellectual content of scientific and technological information to both scientific and lay audiences quickly and effectively.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent, beneficial but not required.
- Prior experience working with Government institutions or biopharmaceutical industry experience considered beneficial, but not required.
Experience level: 12+ years or commensurate experience
Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Life Scientist
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.