The Dynetics Group of Leidos is seeking a Director, Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) Contracts.
The Director of Contracts will be responsible for the leadership and management of the Contracts function and staff for the LInC within the Dynetics Group. This resource will act as the primary interface with the Operation Manager for all Contracts related inquiries, managing the staff resources, as well as the managing the budget across the organization.
Please note: Work location for this position will be San Diego, CA, Reston VA and Arlington VA with telework days available based on the candidates experience.
The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) was established to be the technology-driven core of Leidos and continue our tradition of solving the toughest scientific and engineering problems for our customers. The LInC primarily performs externally-funded contract research and development (CRAD) work for customers such as DARPA, IARPA, AFRL and Intelligence Community (IC) Science and Technology (S&T) organizations. LInC’s mission is to address emerging national technical challenges and in doing so, provide solutions to these challenges while developing technologies, platforms and discriminators to support program capture and execution within the Leidos enterprise as a whole.
- Provide the oversight and evaluation of major proposals, monitoring major contracts/subcontractors, lead or assist in key negotiations, resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations, ensure compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- Negotiate commercial contracts and coach other staff on negotiating terms.
- Provide mentoring, advice and counsel to Group counterparts and Contracts staff.
- Establish measurement and functional performance goals for staff to include career development, recruiting and staff retention provide regular feedback, and conduct performance reviews.
- Regularly interact with programs, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers as required.
- Work with the other Operations Contract Directors within the Group.
- Attend early capture sessions to determine specific information and requirements in order to apply the correct contracts/subcontracts skills, techniques, methods and resources for the group thus meeting Leidos’ as well as the customer’s expectations and objectives.
- Develops or reviews prime contract flow-down documents to ensure compliance with prime contract requirements and to minimize company liability.
- Support internal/external audit activities and data request from internal / external customers.
- Focus on development and training of staff.
Requires a BA/BS OR equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field and 12+ years of related experience.
- Expert knowledge within government contracts and subcontracts arenas with particular emphasis on proposal support.
- Familiarity with US Government Research and Development (R&D) contracting, from fundamental research and early TRL stages through transition to production. Experience in developing creative business models.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience supervising OR leading teams.
- Must have experience with all contract types (fixed price, including fixed price development, and cost plus contracts) and a working knowledge of FAR/DFAR.
- Experience with commercial contracts, including sales of commercial hardware and software products, with particular emphasis on Intellectual Property terms.
- Experience with international contracting, including thorough understanding of trade compliance laws and regulations.
- Experience with non-disclosure agreements and teaming agreements.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding Contracts with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Strong collaborative skills with the proven ability to build strong relationships internally and within the Leidos community.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and self-confident disposition with the ability to act with urgency and an ability to anticipate and respond quickly to business requirements.
- Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity and priority-setting in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Proven team player approach with experience managing, mentoring, and leading teams.
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
- Experience with IT services is a plus.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse Contracts professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Defense business provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering air, land, sea, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide – including the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), and NATO. Our solutions include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.