The Civil Group is seeking a project manager to provide support to the Cyber Services Portfolio and NOAA Cybersecurity Center and Department of Commerce Enterprise Security Operation Center contract.
- Be accountable for low complexity projects and their results.
- Create project documentation based on pre-existing templates.
- Identify and develop relationships with project and program sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Update project status weekly and review with the Portfolio Manager, Program Managers, PMO staff, and team leads.
- Coordinate internal resources to meet project requirements, as defined by the project scope. Escalate to management any resourcing challenges.
- Maintain an active roster and organizational chart.
- Manage staffing and recruiting efforts. Run biweekly staff meetings with program leadership.
- Maintain relationships with subcontractor teammates.
- Work closely with Leidos Talent & Acquisition team, Security Officers, Contractor and Subcontract personnel.
- Place travel requests, assist employees with booking travel and submitting expense reports, and update the monthly Spend Plan.
- Attend career fairs and serve as the liaison for University and College partnerships.
- Develop a training plan with the team leads and solicit requests from staff. Place requests to the customer and facilitate the payment and registration process with employees.
- Identify program risks and work with team to identify mitigation strategies. Escalate risks & issues in a timely manner for appropriate assistance and mitigation. Track action items and assign task owners.
- Record meeting minutes at daily customer meetings.
- Create power point presentations.
- Edit the monthly operation review charts.
- Update a Business Development tracker with new Cybersecurity bids.
- Must be a U. S. citizen with at least 1+ years of progressively responsible experience managing and/or executing the planning, provisioning, and delivery of IT projects.
- Must currently hold a fully adjudicated Secret, or interim Top Secret security clearance.
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively and tenaciously follow-through to ensure client success.
- Results-oriented with strong people and time management skills, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed.
- Experience working with clients with a high degree of professionalism and business acumen.
- Ability to create and edit project documents, materials, and presentations, including schedule management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Candidate must be highly motivated, proactive, organized and have the ability to manage concurrent projects and interface with external clients in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy. Must be a self-starter.
- Solid ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Working experience in government contracting, particularly related to financial aspects and standard business practices (e.g., familiarity with and ability to interpret statements of work, contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, etc.).
- PMP, CAPM, or equivalent certifications.
- Leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead in a matrixed environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.