The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Communication Specialist, contingent upon contract award, who will support the development and execution of communication plans and campaigns aligned with program, and customer agency strategies
Location: Washington, DC.
- Supports the development and execution of communication plans and campaigns aligned with program, and customer strategies
- Plan, develop and implement media programs for program leaders and to garner greater understanding of support for the program’s mission
- Advise program leadership at various levels on public affairs matters.
- Supports the development and maintenance of relationships with local and regional media representatives to help garner media placement and positive coverage in support of program priorities
- Supports the coordination of local press conferences, statements, and press releases with the appropriate partners to support newsworthy events, major announcements, etc.
- Develops talking points, presentation materials, print, radio, and broadcast news stories, etc. to help tell the program’s story
- Develops measurable plans; tracks and assesses impact
- Provides daily media analysis to keep program team informed
- Facilitates media training and post-interview feedback
- Evaluates social listening information from a variety of sources and provides feedback to program team on public affairs trends and stakeholder attitudes to assess program effectiveness and make improvements.
- Developing targeted communications and outreach campaigns
Education: Possess a bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field.
Experience level: 5+ years of relevant experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Public Media Relations
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.