At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
We are in search of a Red Hat Linux Administrator to join our team in Woodlawn Maryland. This opening will support the contracts at the Social Security Administration.
Find your “Why” with us!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Day to Day Responsibilities
The candidate will be collocated with the SSA government employees and subcontractors at a government facility in Baltimore, Maryland. This position may require occasional off hours support during operating system/software upgrades and patches.
- Administer Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 7 and 8.
- Help users by providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 level Help Desk support.
- Enable user access.
- Creating accounts on Linux machines.
- Configure user permissions using Red Hat IDM/IPA and CA ControlMinder.
- Grant folder and file permissions.
- Perform Partition resizing.
- Mounting file systems.
- Perform Linux Operating System (OS) patching.
- Install and remove Linux packages.
- Develop Ansible playbooks, tasks and roles to automate patching and package installations.
- Support the Linux environment and identify potential problems.
- Analyze and recommend fixes and enhancements to the customer then follow through with proposed solutions.
- Candidate serves as a Subject Matter Expert and recommends design, test plan, implementation plan then assists in executing them.
- Ability to administer Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 7 and 8.
- Understanding of networking (IP subnets, PING, tracert, etc).
- Experience in managing Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems in AWS environment.
- Experience in performing Tier 1 and Tier 2 level Help Desk support.
- Ability to perform Linux Operating System (OS) patching.
- Ability to install and remove Linux packages.
- Ability to develop Ansible playbooks, tasks and roles to automate patching and package installations.
- Ability to communicate with management on recommended improvements verbally and in writing.
- Ability to negotiate and compromise to convince internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices and approaches of the area.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8-12 years of related IT experience
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.