Leidos is looking for a Solutions Architect for a remote position. The position requires the ability to obtain/pass a DOD NACLC investigation in order to be considered. The successful candidate will use knowledge of solution and interface architecture to inform the team's reporting, planning and research to include lessons learned and areas of improvement. They will also liaise with other technical stakeholders, communicate complex information and interface with Senior Executive Service (SES) government and other high-level leaders within a large portfolio of DOD and VA healthcare programs, projects and services. The Architect will also help spearhead efforts for PowerBI dashboard development.
- Requires ability to communicate with internal and external executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project, in support of the Federal Electronic Health Record Management (FEHRM) Enterprise Operations Center (EOC) team
- Provides technical insight to key stakeholders regarding the Common Operating Picture, joint sites and other key milestone activities are required of the EOC team
- Provides IT incident-related insight, assessments and other updates based on previous experience with architectural guidance and recommendations (i.e., AWS, DevOps tools, development languages, application services, databases, COTS/GOTS products, Linux and Windows operating systems)
- Helps EOC Performance Monitoring and PowerBI resources with dashboard development, refinement and demonstrations
- Prepares and presents briefings on various technologies to various internal and external stakeholders, including developers, project managers, and senior managers
- Ability to contribute to strategic discussions with the team and Leidos leadership, including business development input
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, and network connectivity, other systems interfaces, internal and external checks and controls and outputs
- Mapping of EOC and larger FEHRM efforts to strategic roadmaps
- Monitor industry trends and directions; develop and present substantive technical recommendations to team for efficient reporting and leveraging areas of opportunity
- Requires a bachelor degree with 12+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters and 10 + years of experience
- US Citizen, with the ability to obtain, and maintain, a Public Trust Clearance.
- Experience utilizing and interpreting data from performance monitoring tools to inform further observations, analyses and reporting.
- Ability to assess solution capabilities and issues for relevant partner platforms
- Experience synthesizing and reporting information regarding IT system deployment activities to executives
- Experience with architecture of applications in healthcare environments
- Experience creating the various artifacts regarding solutions/system designs and mapping
- Experience providing healthcare system solution advisement to developers, managers and analysts based on interface/solution knowledge
- Programming experience demonstrating progressively more complex assignments
- Experience with front-end and back-end development
- Experience integrating COTS/GOTS products
- Experience analyzing, defining and documenting requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, and network connectivity, other systems interfaces, internal and external checks and controls and outputs
- Ability to support some weekend hours during go-live periods
- Previous experience as a solution or interface architect supporting VA, DOD or Cerner healthcare IT
- Current skills, domain knowledge and access to systems, accounts, information, etc. to liaise between FEHRM Technical Team and working groups to execute tasks and move joint agendas forward
- Knowledgeable on VA, DOD and Cerner electronic health record (EHR) interfaces, workflows and high level architecture
- Understanding of the FEHR joint enclave and ecosystem
- Familiarity with PowerBI or similar business reporting/intelligence tools
- Familiarity with No-Relational Databases: MongoDB
- Familiarity with relational Databases: Oracle RDS, MySQL and AWS RDS
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.