We are excited to announce our opening for a Lead Material Project Manager on our Procurement Enterprise & Partnerships team in the greater DC region! This opportunity calls for experience helping the Material Operations & Strategies mission. The role of the Lead Material Project Manager (MPM) will include, but not limited to, developing material strategies, identifying and mitigating program risks and opportunities as they pertain to material requirements; reporting/tracking all program material activities; achieving program material budget objectives; managing program purchase requirements to lead time schedule; participating in sourcing process improvement projects (both Supply Chain and Program); resolving Supply Chain issues for the program and resolving program material cost problems. The MPM reports to the Material Operations & Strategies Associate Director and is directly aligned to the Program Manager and represents Material Operations & Strategies on customer programs. The MPM is an extension of the corporate shared services for supply chain related support. Additionally, the MPM is responsible for all activities associated with researching and recommending cost effective purchase arrangements. The MPM works closely with the Material Planner organization to ensure the review of purchase requisitions for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness, regulatory compliance and obtain additional information considered necessary; the MPM will also work with the Material Planner Organization to actively manage the procurement process from the order placement through receipt of products and subsequent payment of invoices. Some travel may be required.
- Material Schedule management and developing supply chain strategies.
- Project management including requirements justification, planning, executing and evaluating the project.
- The MPM articulates to senior leaders/personnel the value, schedule and decision points that impact the efficient delivery of specific commodities (hardware and software).
- The MPM plays an integral part in the approval process in procurements.
- The MPM will use critical thinking skills to propose sound and innovative business solutions to increase operational efficiencies to ensure business area and program success.
- This individual should be a self-starter and someone that is flexible and is able to work independently at a higher level.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BA degree and 8+years in Supply Chain, Business, Operations, or related field. MBA or MS and 6+ years of related experience
- 3+ years of applicable supply chain experience acquired from working at Leidos, or in government and commercial defense markets
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain and related systems along with material procurement
- Requires strong analytical and creative problem-solving abilities to understand and facilitate complex supply chain decision-making
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to be a self-starter and quick learner, capable of supporting efforts to achieve goals
- Excellent written and oral communications skills at all levels both internally and externally with customers and suppliers
- Excellent risk management methodologies
- Must be able to collaborate and effectively influence across multiple functions to achieve supply chain performance requirements
- High level of proficiency in MS Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- Working knowledge of customer flow through requirements such as FAR, ITAR, OFFSET, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and public law.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs
- Subcontracts/Procurement Experience
- Supplier relationship management experience
- Power BI experience
- Understanding of US Government acquisition laws and regulations (FAR)
All candidates for consideration must possess an active, in-scope TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.