Leidos Digital Health Solutions is an emerging business unit, serving non-federal clients. We deliver IT managed services to hospitals and health systems across the U.S. with the vision to harness technology, people, and processes to lower costs, drive innovation, and enhance care. Here, you have a unique opportunity to make an impact in the evolving healthcare market.
We have an opening for a DBA role. The DBA position demands a well-organized, action-oriented team player with exceptional time management and communication skills to simultaneously support multiple initiatives.
- Design, implement and maintain database security based on company policy, best practices and any regulatory requirements
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies
- Create automation for repeating database tasks
- Create and maintain database backup plans
- Be available for on-call and after hours support as needed
- Conquer Day-to-day Operational Aspects:
- Performance monitoring/tuning
- Backup strategies
- Query tuning
- Resolve database performance issues using all available tools and take corrective actions when necessary
- Communicate to business customers, technical teams and management in a consistent manner making complex technical issues and solutions clear, simple and understandable
- Comply with customer SLA and Change Management processes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field with 5+ years’ experience as Oracle DBA
- Implement and manage company data management practices and policies
- 5 years of experience in administering, managing and tuning databases
- Good understanding of database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Strong experience doing performance tuning, backup – recovery, security, optimization, disaster recovery
- Proven track record managing multiple database instances simultaneously
- Ability to monitor the database and analyze error logs while leveraging troubleshooting skills
- Familiar with user permissions, audits, security and minimizing vulnerabilities within the database
- Ability to produce clear documentation around reoccurring processes
- Working in hospital system environment
- Experience in Cerner / Oracle hospital environment (client hosted environment)
- Cerner enterprise experience (Millennium or IT Works)
- Experience working remote
- SQL DBA experience or a strong desire to learn
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Pay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.