The Systems Engineering Manager will be part of the Enterprise Engineering Team supporting the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) on the HUD End User Support Services (EUS) contract. This position requires a candidate with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
The selected candidate will be the technical lead and supervisor for multiple engineering teams. That individual will be responsible for leading teams that perform technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development, integration, verification and validation. Additional responsibilities includes evaluation of alternative technologies to include cost, risk, supportability and security compliance. Duties include performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation, interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
This candidate will lead engineering teams as they develop, evaluate, test and implement technical solutions for IT service related projects in support of the HUD EUS contract. The selected candidate will be tasked with maintaining operating systems, application support, infrastructure support, integration, design, test, and assistance as needed with additional duties to support the team. Additional duties includes managing tier 3 support issues, desktop configuration management and automated patch management as needed to maintain continued operations of the existing HUD EUS solutions.
- BA/BS in software engineering/development, computer science, information technology, and 8+ years of relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Generally has 3+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting and resolving complex Windows problems.
- Knowledge of the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) with direct experience supporting all phases to include Requirements Management and System Design documentation.
- Experience translating requirements into Test Procedures, developing and executing Test Plans
- Knowledge of desktop configuration management, System Center Configuration Management (SCCM), and COTS packaging.
- Proven ability to conduct trade studies and create white papers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience with HUD or other Government agencies.
- Demonstrated Project Management and Process Improvement experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and energize direct and matrixed team members.
- Experience administering or leading Microsoft OS and packaging COTS products initiatives.
- The ability to perform technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported services in response to Operations and Help Desk tickets.
- Project Management or ITSM certification (PMP, ITIL).
- Experience architecting and implementing Cloud solutions.
- The ability to develop and analyze functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinate with operations team on changes.
- The ability to develop technical documentation including requirements, system designs, test procedures, transition plans and operation concept documents.
Must be able to obtain HUD public trust clearance; per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is require.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.