The National Airspace Systems Integration Support (NISC) program at Leidos is seeking an Environmental Engineer to work out of our Fort Worth, Texas location. This professional will provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Central Service Area (CSA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Technical Support Center.
The Environmental Engineer will provide assistance with management and implementation of national EOSH policy, support and compliance with a wide array of Federal laws and regulations in the FAA Service Area, legacy Regional, and subordinate facilities. Monitor and review operations and proposed construction projects to assure compliance with published environmental criteria. Provide estimates for the demolition of damaged structures and clean-up of any hazardous areas.
- Coordinating with government customers on a routine basis to recommend environmental compliance
- Providing environmental oversight and guidance
- Gain familiarity with the FAA’s Environmental Cleanup (ECU) Program including the different phases of cleanup activities.
- Assist in coordinating and scheduling site surveys and cleanup activities at various sites throughout the CSA.
- Perform site visits when needed in order to audit and/or provide assistance with cleanup activities.
- Help identify potential areas of concern throughout the CSA so the agency can be proactive in its cleanup activities.
- Maintain awareness in regulatory changes which may affect the ECU program.
- Master of Science degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering with 6+ years relevant or Bachelor of Science degree with 8+ years of experience in Environmental Health and Safety
- Knowledge of government test procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Ability to work as an individual and in a team environment
- Project Management Professional
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) certification
- Ability to acquire a Public Trust clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:1000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Eng
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.