The NISC IV MMAC Group is looking for a Systems Engineer (Server Administrator) to support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Logistics Center (AML). In this role, you will support both the Test Bed as well as production servers in a Virtual server environment to include security, patching, and administration.
Specific responsibilities for the role include:
- Provide support to administer and maintain assigned systems.
- Provide support to identify system problems that are of an unusual or complex nature and develop corrective action(s)
- Provide support to test, troubleshoot and analyze complex hardware and software malfunctions to resolve physical and logical processing problems and suggest and/or recommend acquisition of equipment, software and/or hardware, which will resolve operational problems
- Provide support to develop long-range plans for IT security systems that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with IT system vulnerabilities
- Provide support to remediate software (OS) issues identified by system vulnerability scan(s), balances and tunes software system, installs software, initiates system security and recovery protection
- Provide support to the organization as technical point of contact on projects, programs, and other work activities
- Provide support in the form of briefings in order to obtain consensus/approval of corrective actions for assigned systems
- Provide support to identify and suggest needs for changes in policies and procedures based upon analyses of new security technologies and/or threats
- Provide support that requires involvement with and access to classified materials involving Customs & Border Protection Law Enforcement systems, projects, programs, files, drawings and data
Typical education / experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of prior relevant experience or a Master's degree and 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of related work experience may be substituted for a degree at the hiring managers discretion.
- Experience with VMWare ESXi
- Experience with Nessus Vulnerability scanner
- Experience with WebInspect and AppDetect
- Excellent customer service skills necessary to interact with Senior and Executive level management, and to foster an environment of cooperation between different departments and co-workers
- MUST be able to pass a FULL background Investigation
- Experience with Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG)
- Experience with Linux OS
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:1000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.