Discover yourself at Leidos! Join our team and we’ll unleash your talents to solve most challenging technical problems.
The 363rd ISRW/363rd ISRG currently has an opening for a Jira Solutions Architect to work at Joint-Base Langley Eustis in Hampton, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to help the Air Combat Command Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Major Command.
The Jira Architect will develop, integrate and maintain the software and capabilities of the combined Atlassian Jira and Confluence-based Enterprise Process Management System (EPMS). The Jira Architect will work closely with various echelons of the organization and external teams to effectively support EPMS and the overall mission. The successful candidate will have a strong background in support to intelligence operations and a broad background in information technology. The Jira Architect will work closely with members of the organization, external business teams and mission partners to effectively develop and operate EPMS, guide business rule development, workflow management and add-on tool integration.
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Communicates with internal and external client project team members. Liaises with members of the organization and mission partners to implement solution designs and/or processes in support of EPMS.
- Leads unit efforts to manage workflows and develop solutions to streamline or automate processes.
- Evaluates, recommends and implements Atlassian Jira, Atlassian Confluence and add-on annual licensing for EPMS; aids in annual sustainment package formulation.
- Evaluates, recommends and implements Jira plug-ins or add-ons to integrate with the EPMS solution and workflows to achieve mission effectiveness.
- Determine and evaluate methods, procedures or tools to optimize/improve EPMS, using Jira and Confluence, or add-ons, as applicable.
- Develops solutions that adhere to industry best practices for security, change, release management and governance for EPMS.
- Documents and maintains Standard Operating Procedures for EPMS.
- Creates technical documentation and conduct end user training for EPMS.
- Bachelors Degree and 10 years of experience in information technology. Additional experience may substitute for a degree.
- 5 years of experience in system administration of Windows and Linux
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Compliant
- Experience with public cloud technology (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience with Apache Tomcat
- Experience administering and hardening Windows/Linux systems
- Experience with SQL and the Jira database architecture and design
- Familiarity with the Agile development process
- Familiarity with Active Directory and how it interfaces with Jira
- Current TS/SCI government security clearance
- Maintains currency of required Air Force and/or INSCOM training
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Bachelor degree in a STEM discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.)
- AWS Security Engineering Course
- Experience with Air Force ISR operations
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.