The Leidos Security Detection and Automation (SD&A) operation currently has an opening for an HR Business Partner. This role will report directly to the Vice President, Human Resources for SD&A and will be based in Vista, CA.
The Security Detection and Automation (SD&A) operation’s mission is to transform global security to create a frictionless, fully-integrated security technology ecosystem that enables the safe, healthy, and efficient movement of people and commerce. Our primary markets are domestic and international regulated aviation, ports & borders and other critical infrastructure. This HRBP position will support the Division Manager for the Ports and Borders division as well as the Vice President, Global Services.
The successful candidate will identify opportunities for HR to engage effectively with management, demonstrate HR value by aligning to business objectives, and support change management activities. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coaching and consulting; developing selection and retention strategies; and delivering on HR programs (e.g. Performance Management, Talent Management, Compensation, Rewards and Recognition, Compliance, etc). The HRBP will serve as a liaison between management and the Human Resources Centers of Excellence to effectively resolve issues, implement and deploy programs, as well as adhere to company policies and mitigate risk.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration (or related field) and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 or more years of prior relevant experience
- Experience implementing employee engagement and retention strategies
- Experience supporting both professional and hourly employee populations
- Strong project management and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a professional demeanor and strong consultative and communication skills
- A team-player with a willingness to be hands-on with tactical duties and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to partner and influence stakeholders
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience manipulating and visualizing data to diagnose and support data-driven decision-making
- Experience leading a workforce through a changing environment
- Experience supporting remote employees and / or those located at a customer site
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:HR Business Partner
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.