A Senior Systems Administrator is needed to lead a team to provide innovation support in a for Windows, Linux and VMware environment, as well as the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) used to deliver desktop environments to the user base. The Senior Systems Administrator will coordinate efforts and designs with supporting teams and serve as the point of contact for customer communications and scheduling, ensuring all server infrastructure O&M teams function in a consistent, effective manner.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Oversee and participate development of requirements and innovation of multiple enterprise Windows Active Directory environments and support of the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) used to deliver desktop environments to the user base
- Provide oversight and engineering support for patches and upgrade systems to ensure latest approved OS and security patches and upgrades are maintained;
- Work on the engineering team to improve and invocate the supportability of the systems, domains and the application delivery systems
- Configure and maintain the domain certificate infrastructure, print services, and group policies;
- Oversee and participate in support server Infrastructure and cross train team to alleviate single points of failure and meet ongoing responsibilities;
- Investigate, evaluate, and recommend other viable hardware and software solutions as appropriate;
- Implement improvements and efficiencies such as automation of repetitive manual processes;
- Interpret and implement system standards, process, and security specifications to maintain organizational IT standards;
- Provide formal documentation and status reports to fulfill organizational compliance requirements and to serve as reference material for other teams
- Troubleshoot server issues and provide out of box solutions and changes, manage print servers, and perform system enhancements for support and performance monitoring;
- Provide dedicated support for troubleshooting of platform issues and user questions; work with users to resolve tickets with most needing unique solutions;
- Schedule, plan, and implement system upgrades and system enhancements for multiple environments;
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 12+ years of experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years of Windows Systems Administration experience
- Ability to lead technical teams to success
- Hands-on experience with Windows server 2016
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with CentOS or Ubuntu Linux
- Knowledge of and experience with application delivery solutions
- Experience supporting a medium sized (~500) user environment
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience with VMware vSphere and Horizon View.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.