The Government Health and Safety Solutions group is hiring a Network Architect to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
The successful candidate will work with stakeholders to review and implement upgrades to various network components. Design, implement and maintain security standards/policies/procedures. Develop architectural roadmaps and on-going design changes to support an innovative environment and enhance the value of network services. Implement designed solutions including device configurations while following a change management process. The candidate must be a self-starter, a problem solver, disciplined worker and have a professional reputation for integrity. Ability to adhere to the highest standards of ethics and professional conduct is a must.
The successful candidate is must have extensive experience with firewalls (at least ISE, Palo Alto, Cisco ASAs, FireMon and Juniper, ACI) and an in-depth understanding of computer/network security concepts, VPNs, proxies, and networking.
Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining boundary security solutions and exposure to enterprise network architecture.
Experience analyzing network traffic, using a variety of network tools to assess security-related events to assist in rapid identification and isolation of issues during incidents and outages.
Strong troubleshooting skills specific to network security and ability to effectively work in cross functional teams as needed to resolve issues
Must have the ability to analyze information from multiple sources and apply it to the operational environment in developing and maintaining the security posture of the network
Experience with IPSEC, VPN, and SSL
Must have the ability to work independently on multiple tasks
Must be able to act as the team lead
BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• 12 years + of experience working as a Network Architect
• CCIE certification strongly preferred
• Must have Cisco ACI architecture and implementation experience
• Extensive experience with Cisco routing and Switching as well as Cisco Nexus 9000 family of switches
• Must have experience with software and integration points for ACI include Data Center Pod, Data Center Policy Engine, and Non-Directly Attached Virtual and Physical Leaf Switches
• Ability to manage and deploy network changes, including firewalls and access lists
• Experience with Application Virtual Switch (AVS) • Experience working in enterprise data centers
• Expert experience and knowledge in the following disciplines
• Network infrastructure to include converged IP networks, WLAN, WAN/MAN, LAN, VPN/Firewall
• TCP/IP and OSI model • Routing protocol EiGRP, OSPF, BGP
• Knowledge of AWS or Azure Cloud networking and NSX Cloud capabilities
• Knowledge of Cisco ACI technology, including ACI Multisite architecture and implementation
• Strong understanding of IPv6 and deployment / migration strategies
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Handle multiple complex projects
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.