The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for Sr. Cloud Engineer to support efforts for a contract located in Northern VA.
- Develop and implement cloud-first and AWS/Azure native architectures using open standards and microservice architectures using Kubernetes
- Build Infrastructure As Code (IaC) and utilize Cloud-native and shared services in an automated fashion
- Implement SRE and DevSecOps including auto-scaled architectures for rebuilds
- Design, develop, configure and manage mixed Windows and Linux environments
- Use Modern coding principles, continuous integration pipelines, and automation-first implementations
- Develop system interfaces on the Cloud and leverage messaging infrastructure
- Support the Training specialist to Develop, deliver, and maintain training materials for the SCORM compliant Learning Management systems (LMS) for the customer agency
- Be the Liason to the Cloud DevSecOps team and the Training specialist
- Support Training specialist to design or conduct work-related training and development programs to improve individual skills or organizational performance
- Support Training Specialist to work with Cloud O&M/DevSecOps team and help analyze customer and program training needs or evaluate training effectiveness
- Support Training Specialist to deliver course by informing, showing, facilitating practice, and evaluating participants’ analytic tradecraft through joint analytic exercises
- Support Training Specialist to respond to participant and staff needs during and outside of course delivery, such as resolving logistical or technical issues
- Support Training Specialist to determine the tasks, skills, level of effort, and advanced learning strategies required to meet the learning needs of the organization
- Deliver training to customer in person and via online delivery services
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with 6+ years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Active Secret level clearance
- Strong professional writing and oral delivery skills are a must
- Experience or training in critical thinking
- Experience in policy and program development
- Experience with Cloud Computing Technologies
- Designing and monitoring the enterprise-wide scalable operations in AWS and/or Azure Cloud environments.
- Experience with IaC frameworks such as Cloud Formation and Terraform; and Programming languages such as Java, C# or Python
- Experience with migrating workloads to the cloud
- Ability to interact positively, collaborate and communicate appropriately with team members
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Demonstrated success leading/facilitating courses composed of experienced professionals and adult learners
- Experience with direct customer interaction and the ability to shape the roadmap of training through partnership with them and the team
- Can work independently of direct supervision
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- A professional background in Systems Engineering / Software Development
- Multi cloud management
- Understanding of current and emerging technologies across multiple domains including network, database, endpoint, virtual computing, cloud computing, ML, and AI
- AWS certifications, like associates and developer or Azure equivalent certifications
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification Experience with Cloud Computing Technologies
- Experience using broad range of methodologies to include the Analysis Design Development Implementation Evaluation (ADDIE) framework
- Familiarity with SCORM 2004, 3rd Edition
- Experience SCORM compliant Learning Management Systems (LMS)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.